• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help asap please give me some advice ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michyla

What is the name of your state (OH)

Hello we have a question and dont have the funds right now for a attorney but trying to do everything in our power. My bf has full custody of his 7 year old boy and his mom only gets him every other weekend. My bfs son came to us telling us that he was molested by his mom's live in boyfriend and that it has been happening for quite some time.Well we went to the police and opened up a case with children services. We have not allowed him to go back to his moms since then since the alleged molester is living with her. She doesnt believe her son and says she is going to file contempt of court bc my boyfriend is not allowing her to see her son. After the investigation was done they sent a letter to us saying that the abuse was indicated but the guy who was accused of it is obviouslly denieing the alligations so Child services dropped the case. What can we do in the mean time to keep him away from my bfs son? Even though it was dropped with cs everything cant go back to normal? What should we file with the courts to keep him away from the child?

Let me clarify this I am not going to be the one filing my bf is I am just trying to get information for him to go off of thanks

Last edited:

michyla

I typed this for my bf who has full custody so he would be the one filing Im just asking for him so he can read the response. I know I cant do anything thats about the only question I know the answer too

Hot Topic

You thought you and your boyfriend could work on the case together is what you thought. You made up the latest response. If he can't take care of things himself, he needs to hire a lawyer.

michyla

I am only researching to help him ALSO I am paying for all of his filing fees and attorney if we have to go that route I am only helping him do some internet research so that on his next day off which is wednesday he knows what route to take. He wants to read these responses when he gets home so Im not sure why I cant get a clear cut answer. This is what its supposed to be for isnt it? Our only question was very clear and to the point so I had thought?? Is this something he can do without a lawyer (filing for a amendment on the visitation) or is this something that has to be taken care of with only a attorney??

LillianX

The internet is open 24 hours a day. He can register for an account and post his questions, as well as answer ours in regards to his court orders, any time.

You need to understand that even if you have the best of intentions, folks here don't like to waste their time, and the vast majority of the time, responding to the girlfriend/fiancée/stepmom is exactly that. Because you can do absolutely nothing in this situation, you're going to be hard pressed to get many responses here. It's not a matter of anyone being rude to you... it's simply the way the law works.

Have him register for an account so that we can have a conversation with him, and you can read those responses and help him in any way you wish.

michyla

This is Shawn and I ASKED my gf to help with this situation. We arent doing anything against the law. Were not dumb we know that face to face or at the courts She cant walk up and get information lol Whats the harm in asking some pointers and her sharing this information with me bc I dont get home until after 1230 am each night and I go straight to bed. Were not asking for anyone here to represent us this is just a website to help people???

thanks
shawn

LillianX

If you can't create your own account and post your own questions, you can instead hire your own attorney and ask him.

michyla

again my problem is this...this is the internet.....not anything more..people can lie and tell u they are someone they are not at any time. If I would of told my gf to lie and say she was me and register as my first name then how would any of you knew it was me or not me? She has been my sons only rolemodel as a female and has raised him since birth since my sons real mom doesnt want anything to do with him. So if someone asks for advice on a avenue to take why would it matter? Were not doing anything more than that right now and thats asking for advice to help protect my son

michyla

its ok we got some advice from another internet based website! We are now pointed into the right direction on how to protect my son! thanks

LillianX

I've already explained exactly why it matters. That said, you've gotten your advice already elsewhere, so there's no need to continue this. Best of luck to you.

CdwJava

The only thing that comes to mind is returning to Family Court and asking for a modification of the visitation order to prevent mom's boyfriend from being around the boy. However, do not be surprised if mom asks for a reciprocal requirement preventing YOU from being around your boyfriend's child as well.

Understand that allegations if abuse (sexual or physical) are about as common as the sun rising in bitter custody disputes. Most tend to come back as unsubstantiated or unfounded - few can be substantiated.

If you received advice on another site, I imagine it will be that this is an issue to be addressed in Family Court or, perhaps, you can ask for a restraining order. I doubt you will get it issued after a hearing, but, maybe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">