• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I plan to move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisawithalamp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR & AK

I have a restraining order and plan to move to AK. Will the current custody laws in OR apply there to my case? I hear that in AK if the spouse has a history of domestic violence then visitation is restricted. Is this true? Where can I go do find out how the move effects my custody? If I ammend the parenting plan at any time while I and my children live in AK do the current state's laws I reside in apply over the OR laws? My ex plans to stay in OR I believe.

Thank you for your input.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR & AK

I have a restraining order and plan to move to AK. Will the current custody laws in OR apply there to my case? I hear that in AK if the spouse has a history of domestic violence then visitation is restricted. Is this true? Where can I go do find out how the move effects my custody? If I ammend the parenting plan at any time while I and my children live in AK do the current state's laws I reside in apply over the OR laws? My ex plans to stay in OR I believe.

Thank you for your input.
You likely can't move with your child/ren without their father's permission, or the Court's permission. Doing so could cost you custody.

I don't know AK laws, and there are no AK attorneys that follow this site, to my knowledge. All I can suggest is that you Google and read.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have a COURT ORDER in ORegon. You dont' get to move to AK in order to cut daddy out of his children's lives. Seriously, your motives are going to be under scrutiny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">