• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want to lift a restraining order on my baby father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quan21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. I put a restraining order on my baby father because dcf told me they will take the kids if I didnt. I am pregnant with his first child and I would love for him to be there for the birth. I also have two other kids who he treat as his own and they miss him. I don't want to be with him because I have someone I like but I just want him there for the kids. they have photos of an eye injure he cause but at that time I was afraid of him but I don't think he will do it again or kill me. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Legally, he is not your baby's father - at least until the child is born and then paternity is established.

So let's see if I have the facts right:

1. He hit you and injured your eye.
2. You are pregnant with his first child
3. You don't want to be with him, but instead want to be with someone else.
4. In spite of his injuring you and CPS telling you it was severe enough to cause you to lose custody of your other kids if he was around, you STILL want him to be around?

Seems to me that you're not mature enough to be able to make a case for going against CPS' wishes.

Time to grow up. He's a danger and if you continue to associate with him, you could lose custody of your kids.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I swear to God... there is something in sperm that makes women go all stupid.

OP - remove the restraining order, allow your children to go live with someone who will keep them safe, and enjoy yourself until this dude beats you up again. Or the next guy does. But do everyone a favor and get on some sort of long term birth control so you stop bringing children into the mess you call your life. Seriously.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. I put a restraining order on my baby father because dcf told me they will take the kids if I didnt. I am pregnant with his first child and I would love for him to be there for the birth. I also have two other kids who he treat as his own and they miss him. I don't want to be with him because I have someone I like but I just want him there for the kids. they have photos of an eye injure he cause but at that time I was afraid of him but I don't think he will do it again or kill me. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Sigh...

Read the above post for the view-point of a RATIONAL person. How do you think a RATIONAL court, Judge, CPS officer or police officer will view YOUR BEHAVIOR?

How about you STOP exposing LITTLE CHILDREN to the MESS that is your life? Preggers with one d-head and already "liking" another?? Do your children mean nothing to you but a "tool" to get guys (gross) and state aid? Does it occur to you that these are HUMAN BEINGS that you are popping out between your thighs after the 9 month gestation?

Get fixed.

who actually enforces the restraining order? i mean whos to know (unless someone opens their mouth) that the babys father is there during delivery.

Proserpina

who actually enforces the restraining order? i mean whos to know (unless someone opens their mouth) that the babys father is there during delivery.

You don't think DCF will be monitoring the situation very closely indeed?

Or are you suggesting that OP just go ahead and see her boyfriend anyway?

I would hope not. I would hope that you're not even vaguely hinting at that.

Are you encouraging her to give up her kids in a really weird roundabout way? Because that would be the likely result...

You don't think DCF will be monitoring the situation very closely indeed?

Or are you suggesting that OP just go ahead and see her boyfriend anyway?

I would hope not. I would hope that you're not even vaguely hinting at that.

Are you encouraging her to give up her kids in a really weird roundabout way? Because that would be the likely result...
im saying that say i have a POF against you,,,but i call you and say hey lets have lunch (not even trying to trap you) and we meet at given place, eat,talk,then leave and go our own ways, whos going to swarm in and say "youre under arrest"?

WittyUserName

im saying that say i have a POF against you,,,but i call you and say hey lets have lunch (not even trying to trap you) and we meet at given place, eat,talk,then leave and go our own ways, whos going to swarm in and say "youre under arrest"?
I know someone who did that, was caught, then did it again. He's now in jail on felony charges.

NOT GOOD LEGAL ADVICE.

and if they meet half way around the world? or you go to the persons house that you have the POF against? you went there,,,of your own free will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">