• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injuction for domestic violence = Convicted of domestic violence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thepreacher

What is the name of your state? FL

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that they are two different things. However, just to count with a good number of opinions: someone who has received an injunction order for domestic violence and was NEVER arrested for domestic violence, nor charged with an act of domestic violence has not automatically been convicted of domestic violence, correct?

In other words, receiving an injunction for domestic violence is not equivalent to having being convicted of domestic violence, right?

Many thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? FL

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that they are two different things. However, just to count with a good number of opinions: someone who has received an injunction order for domestic violence and was NEVER arrested for domestic violence, nor charged with an act of domestic violence has not automatically been convicted of domestic violence, correct?

In other words, receiving an injunction for domestic violence is not equivalent to having being convicted of domestic violence, right?

Many thanks in advance.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=366140

Keep all your questions on this subject in the first thread you started on it.

Thepreacher

Hi

It seemed this was an independent question from my previous one. In addition, I had not read the latest reply. It does seem this question was indeed answered: "An 'injunction' is simply a court order to perform or cease action; one doesn't plead to that, but it may be a condition of probation or a deviation program"

That is what I believe is the answer, if I am mistaken, please correct me. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">