• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It's getting very deep, and I don't swim so good...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bethanyno

In Washington State...

Hello. I'm sorry if this is not the right kind of thing to be asking you, but I am kind of experiencing a bit of a melt-down, so to speak, regarding the DV situation involving my ex bf and myself. I'm afraid to ask the dv advocate, because the last time I mentioned a matter to her it ended up opening the door to new charges for my ex. I DON'T BLAME THE ADVOCATE. I BLAME ME...but I have no one to talk to or ask this question of. I've been very alone. I've been treated like a liar by people I thought were mutual friends. I'm really lost and trying so hard not to just...I don't know. This all hurts. Being worthless to a man I loved hurt, the things he would say to me hurt, his repeatedly cheating on me in my home hurt, his little gonococcal lolita coming into my home hurt, his making me out to be crazy to our 'friends' hurt, what he did that final night hurt -- think it might've broke me. It hurt to involve the police, it hurts to have 'friends' make references that insinuate he's been railroaded. They didn't know about everything going on at home. I didn't want to make waves. I'm sorry. I already cancelled my last chat entry because I have been rambling and I saw that, so I cancelled it out to make this one shorter. My ex is facing dv assault, illegal imprisonment, violation of criminal n/c order, witness tampering.He bonded out the first time. Then the n/c thing and witness tampering happened. He went back to jail. Bonded out again. Now, for some reason, he's back in jail with the original charges listed as the reasoning. I thought maybe someone at your office might at least have a possible reasoning to help me make a bit of sense. I know you're not his attorney, but....and if it's stupid of me to be asking you for a guess, I apologize. Also, when he was out the second time, he really acted out and reversed the last two months of payments to the cellphone bill that he made, causing me to lose phone service. It wasn't his acct. Now, is that something I should report or not? I'm not a stupid person, but I have autism as a label, and so the subtle things get me. I'd not pester you with these two questions, but I don't have anyone else to ask, don't want to get him in more trouble, but now I'm not only dealing with regular bills on my own, but now no phone and a big bill that shouldn't be present, and I always paid the rent, but he'd pay the electric and then about four or five months ago, he decided to pay the cellphone bill, too, to make things more -- closer to -- even. Monies are an issue - now. Sorry. I see I'm starting to blather again. Just those two questions I asked up there, if you can decipher. Thank you for your time. agh, I'm a basket case. Every time I discuss this, I relive it. I've had to reiterate everything numerous times to Verizon and they just refer me to the fraud department and then fraud refers me back. I've been told they'll wave everything because of the dv and him accessing my acct to take back those payments, but then they act like their hands are tied because of the fraud flag, then fraud denies having a flag...then I call again, and have to explain it all over again. I can't even check voicemails. It goes straight to Verizon accts rec. agh! I'm doing it again. Sorry. I'm posting now and leaving it. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

xylene

Why don't you want your ex to get in trouble / more trouble?

He is a bad person and made you a victim of serious violent crimes.

I really need you to think about a good answer to that question, because I don't think there is one and you deserve better.

He used his leave from jail while awaiting trial to mess with your finances and ability to call for help.

That's very serious and he should face additional sanction for that.
That's not even just about you, that is about him flaunting the rules of society and his bail, a very serious mater.

Eekamouse

In Washington State...

Hello. I'm sorry if this is not the right kind of thing to be asking you, but I am kind of experiencing a bit of a melt-down, so to speak, regarding the DV situation involving my ex bf and myself. I'm afraid to ask the dv advocate, because the last time I mentioned a matter to her it ended up opening the door to new charges for my ex. I DON'T BLAME THE ADVOCATE. I BLAME ME...but I have no one to talk to or ask this question of. I've been very alone. I've been treated like a liar by people I thought were mutual friends. I'm really lost and trying so hard not to just...I don't know. This all hurts. Being worthless to a man I loved hurt, the things he would say to me hurt, his repeatedly cheating on me in my home hurt, his little gonococcal lolita coming into my home hurt, his making me out to be crazy to our 'friends' hurt, what he did that final night hurt -- think it might've broke me. It hurt to involve the police, it hurts to have 'friends' make references that insinuate he's been railroaded. They didn't know about everything going on at home. I didn't want to make waves. I'm sorry. I already cancelled my last chat entry because I have been rambling and I saw that, so I cancelled it out to make this one shorter. My ex is facing dv assault, illegal imprisonment, violation of criminal n/c order, witness tampering.He bonded out the first time. Then the n/c thing and witness tampering happened. He went back to jail. Bonded out again. Now, for some reason, he's back in jail with the original charges listed as the reasoning. I thought maybe someone at your office might at least have a possible reasoning to help me make a bit of sense. I know you're not his attorney, but....and if it's stupid of me to be asking you for a guess, I apologize. Also, when he was out the second time, he really acted out and reversed the last two months of payments to the cellphone bill that he made, causing me to lose phone service. It wasn't his acct. Now, is that something I should report or not? I'm not a stupid person, but I have autism as a label, and so the subtle things get me. I'd not pester you with these two questions, but I don't have anyone else to ask, don't want to get him in more trouble, but now I'm not only dealing with regular bills on my own, but now no phone and a big bill that shouldn't be present, and I always paid the rent, but he'd pay the electric and then about four or five months ago, he decided to pay the cellphone bill, too, to make things more -- closer to -- even. Monies are an issue - now. Sorry. I see I'm starting to blather again. Just those two questions I asked up there, if you can decipher. Thank you for your time. agh, I'm a basket case. Every time I discuss this, I relive it. I've had to reiterate everything numerous times to Verizon and they just refer me to the fraud department and then fraud refers me back. I've been told they'll wave everything because of the dv and him accessing my acct to take back those payments, but then they act like their hands are tied because of the fraud flag, then fraud denies having a flag...then I call again, and have to explain it all over again. I can't even check voicemails. It goes straight to Verizon accts rec. agh! I'm doing it again. Sorry. I'm posting now and leaving it. Thank you for your time.
Do you two have any kids together?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Make sure you keep that phone charged and handy - even without service, you can usually still dial 911.

Seriously - xylene is right - this is not a good person. Not only is he not a good person, I'd say he is a dangerous person. To you, anyway. Now is the time for you to consider what YOU need, not what's best for him, or what others think of the situation. You need closure, to see that the justice system can work, and to move on to a better life.

As for why he's probably back in jail? I'd guess the judge put some conditions on his release on bond and he violated them. HIS fault, not yours.

Lastly, contact a dv group (aardvarc.org has a lot of resources and can help you find local help) - you need some serious counseling to help yourself move forward.

Make 2016 the year you take control. Good luck, hon.

single317dad

- If possible, you should get a completely new phone account, one that he has no association with.

- You need to completely remove yourself from this emotionally. Act as though you're an unbiased arbitrator -- present the facts only as they are, and let the police and prosecutor do their jobs based on those facts.

Those above things will make it easier for you to ditch this guy permanently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">