• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joaniegurl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joaniegurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wv

What can I do about an ex boyfriend that won't leave me alone, he is verbal abusive,he threatens me all the time, he had his sister try to have me fired, today he called my landlord to cause problems. I am fearful of this man, its all verbal threats. The more I stay away from him the more he threatens me.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wv

What can I do about an ex boyfriend that won't leave me alone, he is verbal abusive,he threatens me all the time, he had his sister try to have me fired, today he called my landlord to cause problems. I am fearful of this man, its all verbal threats. The more I stay away from him the more he threatens me.
Get a restraining order.

Hisbabygirl77

Please do not take this lightly. If he is threatening you then you need to call the police and file a police report. If he is leaving threatening messages or text save them to show the police. Do as Ldij suggest and go get a restraining order.

After a breakup is the the greatest time that Domestic violence occurs. The abuser feels like he is loosing control and he is trying to gain that back by scaring you into becoming his again. You need to move on this and not just hope it goes away. Contact a local DV shelter if you feel that you need a safe place to hide. They can also help with filing a police report, helping you with the restraining order and a lot also have people who can go to court with you if you need the support. Make sure that you keep a cell phone on you at all times. You may even want to call dispatch with the local police and give them your address since not all cities can locate cell phones and no addess is connected with them. They can add your address to your number in their system. Make sure that you have someone you can call if something arises and you dont have a vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">