• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge said no to my RO Request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orphan97

She said the only thing I included was something that happened between my boyfriend, my mom, and I, so I told her I said that because it affects me too. It still wasn't enough evidence, even with the police report, which says she hit me and has a record for Cruelty Against Children and other DV cases, and note from him (My bf) I included. She mentioned something about filing something against my mom for libel, (but I don't remember what) when she didn't even hear me out as much as she thought she did.

At the time I hadn't printed out some of the online ads she is using against me, because I had no proof it was her. Just that someone was harassing me, and that I thought it was her, so that didn't help. I was really really tired, so that's why I didn't think to say more, and I just said "Yeah. Okay. It's a federal law and I got one in another state" and that was it. I wasn't too bummed, because I figured she was on their (My stalkers, more than one), side to begin with, which is why she denied the temporary orders too.

Then something happened with my mom, because of HER inaction, so my life is even MORE limited than before. Anyways, I would like to know if there is another judge I can go to, or something else I can do, for the same thing, AND what she suggested, if possible, or if I have to deal with her again, because there is only one family judge for this county/courthouse.

Antigone*

She said the only thing I included was something that happened between my boyfriend, my mom, and I, so I told her I said that because it affects me too. It still wasn't enough evidence, even with the police report, which says she hit me and has a record for Cruelty Against Children and other DV cases, and note from him (My bf) I included. She mentioned something about filing something against my mom for libel, (but I don't remember what) when she didn't even hear me out as much as she thought she did.

At the time I hadn't printed out some of the online ads she is using against me, because I had no proof it was her. Just that someone was harassing me, and that I thought it was her, so that didn't help. I was really really tired, so that's why I didn't think to say more, and I just said "Yeah. Okay. It's a federal law and I got one in another state" and that was it. I wasn't too bummed, because I figured she was on their (My stalkers, more than one), side to begin with, which is why she denied the temporary orders too.

Then something happened with my mom, because of HER inaction, so my life is even MORE limited than before. Anyways, I would like to know if there is another judge I can go to, or something else I can do, for the same thing, AND what she suggested, if possible, or if I have to deal with her again, because there is only one family judge for this county/courthouse.
huh:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

All right, whose turn is it to play dentist?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

If the RO was denied, you don't get to shop around for a new judge using the same evidence.

sandyclaus

The bottom line here is that the judge didn't feel you had sufficient RELEVANT evidence to justify the issuance of a restraining order.

And as Zig has said, you don't get a second opportunity to ask for an RO from a different judge with the same evidence you already presented for the first request.

Get some proof that it is this person who is actually doing these things to harass you, and that what's happening is really relevant to you, and you MIGHT have a shot. Otherwise, just avoid her.

orphan97

Okay...

Thats what i figured zig, but i just wanted to be sure. Sucks that we cant though.

Sandy, i know that. But obviously it is, if she hit ME, even if it was some time ago, especially when i showed that state also has a warrant out for her arrest, for bond violation.

Its not hard to understand how her bothering him affects me too, or that she shouldnt be allowed to continue like this.

And i have proof that its her, i just wasnt given the oppprtunity to submit it properly.

sandyclaus

Thats what i figured zig, but i just wanted to be sure. Sucks that we cant though.

Sandy, i know that. But obviously it is, if she hit ME, even if it was some time ago, especially when i showed that state also has a warrant out for her arrest, for bond violation.

Its not hard to understand how her bothering him affects me too, or that she shouldnt be allowed to continue like this.

And i have proof that its her, i just wasnt given the oppprtunity to submit it properly.
If she hit you some time ago, and hasn't hit you or committed additional violence against you since, then it's no longer relevant. It would have been at the time she hit you, and you could have requested an RO at THAT time, but that doesn't count towards getting an RO on that basis NOW because you are no longer in danger of physical violence anymore.

And as for her bothering him (I'm assuming that you are talking about your boyfriend? Not sure because you weren't so clear...), if HE is being harassed, then HE has standing to request an RO. Just because him being bothered is bugging YOU isn't sufficient cause to issue an RO to protect YOU because YOU are not directly being harassed.

As for the proof you allegedly have, it doesn't matter if you are not the person with legal standing to ask for an RO.

No wonder the judge denied the RO. It's all beginning to make sense now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">