• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kind of a sensitive issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manoftime

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this.
OK, this is a little sensitive, but here it goes. A little while back my girlfriends daughter caught me mastrubating. She was 17 at the time. I wasn't aware that she saw me, but told my girlfriend what had happened. Is there a law against mastrubating in the home? What could possibly happen to a person? I wasn't aware she had seen me, till my girlfriend said something to me.
Please don't rip me apart for it. I feel awkward and embarassed as it is.
So, what laws are out there about this particular thing? Also, this is not a joke, I really need to find out what could happen.

Thanks.

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this.
OK, this is a little sensitive, but here it goes. A little while back my girlfriends daughter caught me mastrubating. She was 17 at the time. I wasn't aware that she saw me, but told my girlfriend what had happened. Is there a law against mastrubating in the home? What could possibly happen to a person? I wasn't aware she had seen me, till my girlfriend said something to me.
Please don't rip me apart for it. I feel awkward and embarassed as it is.
So, what laws are out there about this particular thing? Also, this is not a joke, I really need to find out what could happen.

Thanks.
Where were you? If you were some place where the was a resonable expectation of privacy I do not think there would be an issue. From now on make sure to keep the door closed and locked.

manoftime

I was in the living room at 2am with the lights off. Thats where it occured. Everyone was asleep, or so I thought.

Proserpina

I was in the living room at 2am with the lights off. Thats where it occured. Everyone was asleep, or so I thought.
Is it worth inquiring as to why you didn't go into the bedroom or bathroom?

Why exactly are you asking the question to begin with?

Are you being threatened with legal action?

manoftime

I am not being threatened with legal action. I simply want to know what the law is regarding this type of thing. Not that I deliberately wanted to get caught. Also I was there because it was a comfortable place for me. I thought I was being private considering the time of night as well.
So can you tell me if there is a specific law regarding getting caught with your pants down? And yes, this was a complete accident. My intentions were not to hurt anyone.

Proserpina

I am not being threatened with legal action. I simply want to know what the law is regarding this type of thing. Not that I deliberately wanted to get caught. Also I was there because it was a comfortable place for me. I thought I was being private considering the time of night as well.
So can you tell me if there is a specific law regarding getting caught with your pants down? And yes, this was a complete accident. My intentions were not to hurt anyone.
:rolleyes:

There is no specific law against having your pants down, no. People do it all the time. Why only yesterday my daughter was caught - by ME no less - with her pants down. Granted, she's a toddler and she was in the bathroom at the time, but still.

However, there ARE laws concerning indecent exposure and the like but frankly, I'm not in the mood to pull teeth - or anything else for that matter. C'mon - either be specific or use your fingers for other means and type in google's web address :)

manoftime

I honestly thought I was being specific. Thats the whole story.
2am, in living room, lights out, mastrubating. Thought everone was asleep. She walks downstairs and sees me. I wasn't aware she saw anything till the next day. So**************what could possibly happen to a guy or gal in that situation? Is there a legal action that could take place? If so, what is it and how successful could it be?

Isis1

I honestly thought I was being specific. Thats the whole story.
2am, in living room, lights out, mastrubating. Thought everone was asleep. She walks downstairs and sees me. I wasn't aware she saw anything till the next day. So**************what could possibly happen to a guy or gal in that situation? Is there a legal action that could take place? If so, what is it and how successful could it be?
honestly, if this is a one time thing, i really don't think it will go anywhere. just keep it behind closed doors from this point forward.

i see it as mom and dad getting frisky on the living room couch and kid wakes in the middle of the night and starts wandering around the house. it happens. just don't let it happen again.

i've caught my own stepfather flossing his teeth buck naked in his bathroom. he locked the bathroom doors after that. i'm always walking in on my father in law while he's in the bathroom.

CdwJava

Since you are so concerned, and are wondering if it is POSSIBLE a crime could be alleged, then, yes, it is theoretically possible. It is unlikely you would be charged, but it is possible.

Frankly, I would not be concerned unless the police come calling.

In the future, use a locked room to avoid any such problems.

Proserpina

And yet I'm smelling the sweet scent of homework.

Or, "we ain't gettin' all the details".

Darn it I do so, at times, resent my cynicism.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">