• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for Child Protection to question a minor without a parent/guardian in pre

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

threegmgs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Let it be known that there is no abuse taking place in our household. I just didn't know where else to post my question. My stepson filed a false report about me to the police, & later recanted his story. However, Child Protection was still mandated to get involved, despite my stepson's recantation.

My question is:
Is it legal for Child Protection to question a minor without a parent/guardian in presence?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Let it be known that there is no abuse taking place in our household. I just didn't know where else to post my question. My stepson filed a false report about me to the police, & later recanted his story. However, Child Protection was still mandated to get involved, despite my stepson's recantation.

My question is:
Is it legal for Child Protection to question a minor without a parent/guardian in presence?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Yes*******

Banned_Princess

How would CPS know about any parental abuse if they cant speak with the children without the parents present?

Duh. lets think logic ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">