• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality Of Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reggaegirlst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I caught my husband cheating. Even tho he swears he wont again I dont trust him. So I rid by the woman's house to check him. She approached me in my car outside three buildings away and she said if I didn't stop driving by her apartment she would put a restraining order on me. I did not approach her nor did I approach her apartment. I just wanted to see if our car was there. Can she legally get a restraining order put on me?

LdiJ

I caught my husband cheating. Even tho he swears he wont again I dont trust him. So I rid by the woman's house to check him. She approached me in my car outside three buildings away and she said if I didn't stop driving by her apartment she would put a restraining order on me. I did not approach her nor did I approach her apartment. I just wanted to see if our car was there. Can she legally get a restraining order put on me?
No, but if you don't trust your husband to the extent that you need to drive by the other woman's home constantly enough that she has actually noticed that you are doing it, then your marriage is likely doomed to failure.

Proserpina

If she can show that you are stalking her, sure.

You've no reason to be anywhere near her house. If you can't trust your husband, it's time for a divorce attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">