• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifting Restraining Order Temporarily

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karonica

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a Restraining Order against a family member and our family is trying to get an intervention through our church to deal with issues. How do I lift the RO for these meetings only? Do I have to go back to court? Can we type up something stating we lift the RO for the meeting only and have it notorized? Any suggestions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a Restraining Order against a family member and our family is trying to get an intervention through our church to deal with issues. How do I lift the RO for these meetings only? Do I have to go back to court? Can we type up something stating we lift the RO for the meeting only and have it notorized? Any suggestions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You need to go back to court and have the RO amended at the church for counseling only.

st-kitts

Just a comment on a separate note.

If this family member is also your significant other, marital or couples counseling is not recommended in cases of domestic violence by advocates and DV experts because the disclosures made in counseling often serve to escalate the violence in either the short or the long run. I am sure your church has good intentions, but if this is marital violence, please go into counseling with your eyes open to this possibility.

There is some belief that a batterers intervention program can be beneficial in reducing violence in marriage or that type of relationhip.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">