• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MA:neighbor threatened to kill me,reporting officer her exboyfriend,very vague report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tenantinfear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Massachusetts
I am a 2nd fl tenant being harassed by the 1st fl tenant in a 3 fl rental property which is not owner occupied.

Moved in this past March 19th and have received a minimum of 2 complaints per week from the 1st fl tenant with every issue from lights on in the hallway to walking in our home with sneakers on. She’s complained every night in which we have had company and any time we go shopping and make noise carrying bags up the stairs. She threatens with the line that she works in a law firm and doesn’t want to have to escalate these issues.

We have tried to change our life to the point we pretty much walk on egg shells to be so quiet whenever we’re in the house but this really is no way to live. Yesterday I returned home the same time as the teenager who also lives on the first floor. He entered the apartment before me and when I arrived at the entrance door it was unlocked (as is common practice whenever two of us enter at the same time the first will leave the door open for the second). Upon entering I locked the door and went to my apartment. While making dinner I heard a large amount of banging downstairs and then there were rocks being thrown at my windows. I went downstairs to see who was throwing rocks and was greeted by the first floor tenant screaming that she was throwing rocks because I locked her out. I stated I did not know that she was outside but since it is a tenement house and should be locked for safety maybe it would be best to carry a key.

At which point she started flipping out swearing at me , slapping and kicking walls tell me “don’t tell me what to do, that door has a lock because I put it there, you don’t know what I’ll do , I’ll f’in kill you you f’in b----.”
At which point I returned to my apartment and called the police.

In the meantime she removed the lock from the entrance door.

When the police arrived I explained to them what happened, the asked if I wanted to press charges which I declined and stated it would be a good idea for me to call the landlord to get the lock issue resolved.
Which I did.

Later that night when leaving the apartment she said “good luck with the police report, that’s my ex boyfriend”.

This morning the police report read 4 words “problem with first floor”.

This concerns me because I wanted something documented what was said in the event that if she were to cause damage to myself or my property it was already something she stated she was going to do.

I’m curious what I should do to keep better records of any future events and how I can be protected if she has an “inside person” as stated.

BL

When the police arrived I explained to them what happened, the asked if I wanted to press charges which I declined

This morning the police report read 4 words “problem with first floor”.

If you wanted something more , you needed to want to press charges , so they can write it down .

As it played out they used their discretion , and noted there was a problem with the first floor to be on record.

Did they talk to this tenant ?

tenantinfear

Did they talk to this tenant ?[/QUOTE]

Yes they did, although I wasn't present I assume they told her the same as me.. we have to co-exist... it could go to court if we press charges... some noise has to be tolerated...

They did not come back to my place after speaking with her.

Thanks for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">