• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Records on Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ang0424

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I have just found out that my son-in-law has been hitting my daughter and has been convicted of DV in AR. She is denying it and defending him (police witnessed abuse).

I have a feeling this was probably going on while he was in the Army. He was discharged with a less than honorable discharge but they were in HA so the only knowledge we have is what they have told us. He has since been diagnosed with PTSS.

Are Domestic Violence issues in the Army public record?

They have two small children who I believe have witnessed this. I believe I need to get all information/facts available but have no idea where to begin with the Army records.

Thanks for any helpful advise.

eerelations

Finding all the facts won't do you or your daughter any good. The only person who can do anything at all about the abuse is your daughter, and if she refuses, well, that's it, there's nothing that can be done.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I have just found out that my son-in-law has been hitting my daughter and has been convicted of DV in AR. She is denying it and defending him (police witnessed abuse).

I have a feeling this was probably going on while he was in the Army. He was discharged with a less than honorable discharge but they were in HA so the only knowledge we have is what they have told us. He has since been diagnosed with PTSS.

Are Domestic Violence issues in the Army public record?

They have two small children who I believe have witnessed this. I believe I need to get all information/facts available but have no idea where to begin with the Army records.

Thanks for any helpful advise.
What exacty are you hoping to accomplish with this information? Digging to get the dirt on your own daughter will do nothing but cause her shame. If you want to support her let her come to YOU to talk Do not force the issue with her. Do not do things to embarrass her. A past victim of DV I can tell you that if you persist you will only solidify your daughter's relationship with her abuser. Unless the children are being abused you will not get custody if that is what you are thinking.

Back off, be supportive, and do not try to humiliate your daughter by digging up all the dirt about her and her husband.

Last edited:

LdiJ

What exacty are you hoping to accomplish with this information? Digging to get the dirt on your own daughter will do nothing but cause her shame. If you want to support her let her come to YOU to talk Do not force the issue with her. Do not do things to embarrass her. A past victim of DV I can tell you that if you persist you will only solidify your daughter's relationship with her abuser. Unless the children are being abused you will not get custody if that is what you are thinking.

Back off, be supportive, and do try to humiliate your daughter by digging up all the dirt about her and her husband.
You might want to edit that last sentence....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">