• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor by minor sexual molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

9gs4him

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister has just discovered that her 14 year old son has been 'experimenting' in homosexual behavior by fondling a 10 year old boy in the neighborhood. He had approached another 10 year old boy in the neighborhood who refused and told his parents, who called my sister and broke the news. This is her oldest of 7 adopted children and he has always been a very gentle and kind boy, though developmentally delayed (is socially and maturationally about 8-10). He has also confessed to a mutual fondling episode with another 14 year old boy.
She and her husband are shocked, dismayed and very grieved about this. They plan to go and tell the neighbor boy's parents, and wanted to know what legal recourse to expect. The younger boy was apparently a willing participant, but we all know it's hard to say why children 'willingly' do what they do.
My sister and her husband have already completely restricted their son from all outside contact and have secured psychological and spiritual counseling for him.

HomeGuru

9gs4him said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister has just discovered that her 14 year old son has been 'experimenting' in homosexual behavior by fondling a 10 year old boy in the neighborhood. He had approached another 10 year old boy in the neighborhood who refused and told his parents, who called my sister and broke the news. This is her oldest of 7 adopted children and he has always been a very gentle and kind boy, though developmentally delayed (is socially and maturationally about 8-10). He has also confessed to a mutual fondling episode with another 14 year old boy.
She and her husband are shocked, dismayed and very grieved about this. They plan to go and tell the neighbor boy's parents, and wanted to know what legal recourse to expect. The younger boy was apparently a willing participant, but we all know it's hard to say why children 'willingly' do what they do.
My sister and her husband have already completely restricted their son from all outside contact and have secured psychological and spiritual counseling for him.

**A: they can expect a criminal complaint to be filed and the perpetrator arrested for sexual abuse. There is no way a minor can legally consent to such activity.

kat1963

After charges are filed, the boy will probably be removed from their home & put into state care. They will then be required to pay child support, provide & pay for insurance since this boy was adopted... even if he is made a ward of the state.
Wow, I feel sorry for your sister.
KAT

J

jubeepie2002

you say that the parents are seeking him counseling and spiritual guidance. i am wondering if they are trying to tell him that his homosexuality is wrong? unless the other parents feel that charges are necessary.... there shouldn't be any legal issues. but please don't make the boy feel as gays are wrong..... if he is it will only hurt him more.

L

lynddd

If this boy is mentally behind and is at a 8 to 10 year old level, although he is 14 in actual years, you do not want him to feel that he is BAD, it is normal for children to wonder and explore these things, BUT, not to the extent this boy went to.

The parents need to talk to him about sex and make sure he had not been abused prior to their getting him. His actions do not mean he will be a homosexual, but keeping him isolated from others will only solidify to him that he is different and not wanted.
He may already feel this way since he is adopted. He needs reassuring that he is wanted and important. This may be a way for him to get attention.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">