• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed court date default judgement/ restraining order final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mmalsac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

so here it is . Earle the morning of the day I was to appear for final judgment of restraining order I had to taken to the emergency room via 911. so i missed the hearing and the judge ruled for a defalt judgment for the restraining order.
If I could afford a Lawyer I would not be posting this question. how / what do I need to do or file to explain what happend to the judge and get a new hearing

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

so here it is . Earle the morning of the day I was to appear for final judgment of restraining order I had to taken to the emergency room via 911. so i missed the hearing and the judge ruled for a defalt judgment for the restraining order.
If I could afford a Lawyer I would not be posting this question. how / what do I need to do or file to explain what happend to the judge and get a new hearing
Did you make a call to the court and find out how you might be able to get back on the calendar?

Do you have proof of the medical necessity of your 9-1-1 call and medical care?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">