• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modify any details in the restrainig order in AZ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodsoul1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ariozna

I live with a mentally ill sibling whom fought with me last year resulted in domestic violence case. I did not press any charges; the neighbor saw the fight and call ed the police and that's how it unfolded. The case was over given she has a mental condition.

Now I wanted to find out more about placing a restraining order against her. I was told that you can somewhat "modify" the restrictions listed on the order. Say for example, granted that I wish my sister not to be able to legally contact or stay near me and will be listed as the contents for the restrictions, does it mean that I could get near her, on the other hand? I want to reserve the chance to see her but not the other way around.

And is there a general time frame that the order lasted? And would I be able to adjust the time?

Any details on how to obtain and what restraining order is about is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all reply.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I live with a mentally ill sibling whom fought with me last year resulted in domestic violence case. I did not press any charges; the neighbor saw the fight and call ed the police and that's how it unfolded. The case was over given she has a mental condition.

Now I wanted to find out more about placing a restraining order against her. I was told that you can somewhat "modify" the restrictions listed on the order. Say for example, granted that I wish my sister not to be able to legally contact or stay near me and will be listed as the contents for the restrictions, does it mean that I could get near her, on the other hand? I want to reserve the chance to see her but not the other way around.

And is there a general time frame that the order lasted? And would I be able to adjust the time?

Any details on how to obtain and what restraining order is about is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all reply.
Why would you want to see her and get near her but not the other way around? If you are near her, she is near you and thus would be violating the order.

single317dad

This site will answer some of your questions:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/superiorcourt/protectiveordercenter/index.asp

I suggest that after you read up on protective orders, you rethink your course of action. I hope you'll see how ridiculous the whole idea is given the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">