• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Molested as a kid, Dad confessed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sloppynachos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
I was sexually molested growing up and my dad confessed this week to the police and now is in jail. Can I take any legal action against my parents for destroying my life?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
I was sexually molested growing up and my dad confessed this week to the police and now is in jail. Can I take any legal action against my parents for destroying my life?
How old are you? And what did your mom have to do with this? Can you prove she knew? To what did your dad confess?

Sloppynachos

How old are you? And what did your mom have to do with this? Can you prove she knew? To what did your dad confess?

I am 19 now. She claims she didnt know but she always left the room when it took place. Can i prove she knew? No. He confessed to touching me not penetrating me. He is now in jail charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor. No bond.

LdiJ

I am 19 now. She claims she didnt know but she always left the room when it took place. Can i prove she knew? No. He confessed to touching me not penetrating me. He is now in jail charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor. No bond.
Wait until he is actually tried, convicted and sentenced and then come back and talk to us.

LdiJ

Okay, Sorry for wasting your time, Thanks
I did not mean to imply that you were wasting our time. However, until he is definitely convicted you really do not have anything to base a civil case on, or to know if a civil case is even possible. Once he is actually convicted, and you know for certain what crime they will convict him of (he might take a plea bargain) everything will be less up in the air.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">