• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to modify Order of Protection for Domestic Violence: DENIED. What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

So? each statement was true and correct...
I was seeking for the Protection Order... At the time it was the best thing to do. I didn't expect it to be for so long, I have never been involved in this type of situations, it is all new to me, so I though it would be possible to try to modify it, since I was the one who filed for it.
The Judge seemed to think I was "under pressure" I guess because he still has criminal charges pending...
In the meantime I don't want to deal with my mother in law because if things continue the way they are, I will have to file for a restraining order against her... and that's not even the real problem... I don't want her transporting my toddler since I consider her a threat.
This is your new life. Get used to it for a while.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I was seeking for the Protection Order... At the time it was the best thing to do. I didn't expect it to be for so long, I have never been involved in this type of situations, it is all new to me, so I though it would be possible to try to modify it, since I was the one who filed for it.
The Judge seemed to think I was "under pressure" I guess because he still has criminal charges pending...
In the meantime I don't want to deal with my mother in law because if things continue the way they are, I will have to file for a restraining order against her... and that's not even the real problem... I don't want her transporting my toddler since I consider her a threat.
I gave you workable LEGAL advice: modify the order to have exchanges at the police station.

Eekamouse

It worked out real well for you when you got the last order for protection, didn't it? Obviously, you take the time to think things through before you go running to the courts to help you deal with a problem so I am sure getting a restraining order against your MIL won't blow up in your face the way the last restraining order has.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't even know what to tell you, since we're not getting through. I suggest speaking with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">