• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

resfbs

{Oklahoma} I need to have a relitave comitted because she has attempted to kill herself four times and her husband twice. She has said that as soon as she is out of the hospital this time she is going somewhere private to kill herself again. She has fallen throught the cracks and I think she is minuplating the "system" to stay high on leagle drugs, but We {Her husband & I} cant seem to get her commited. We have been through the police, the courts, medical, and phycicratic but we CAN NOT seem to get the help she needs. She has threatened to kill herself{and Tried}, her husband{and tried}, and my wife and myself; WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN BEFOR SHE IS COMMITTED????
Can you please tell us the steps we need to take befor someone is killed?

Proserpina

{Oklahoma} I need to have a relitave comitted because she has attempted to kill herself four times and her husband twice. She has said that as soon as she is out of the hospital this time she is going somewhere private to kill herself again. She has fallen throught the cracks and I think she is minuplating the "system" to stay high on leagle drugs, but We {Her husband & I} cant seem to get her commited. We have been through the police, the courts, medical, and phycicratic but we CAN NOT seem to get the help she needs. She has threatened to kill herself{and Tried}, her husband{and tried}, and my wife and myself; WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN BEFOR SHE IS COMMITTED????

What exactly has her husband done about this situation? And I mean *exactly*.

Gracie3787

Did her husband call the police at the time that she attempted to kill him, or any time that she has attempted suicide?

Hot Topic

Hard to believe that she has tried to kill herself four times and her husband twice, and that the courts, doctors and psychiatrists won't take action. The police can't commit her.

Why would she be manipulating the system to get legal drugs if she's so determined to take her life and that of others?

Proserpina

Hard to believe that she has tried to kill herself four times and her husband twice, and that the courts, doctors and psychiatrists won't take action. The police can't commit her.

Why would she be manipulating the system to get legal drugs if she's so determined to take her life and that of others?

You may be surprised. Seriously.

My eldest SD has had three unsuccessful suicide attempts. She has two young (very young) children. She has been "doctor shopping" for at least the past fourteen months, in order to obtain narcotics. At least twice, she has - and the police know this - threatened the life of her husband.

Believe me, it can happen.

resfbs

:confused:Her husband is at his wits end and it is effecting his health now. {The reason that I am involved is she is my @nd cousin and he is my employee} The released her yet again from the hospital today, from her last attemped suicide, and her husband is about to have a stroke.
He has tried police help, tried to get the hospital to comitte her each time she attempts suicide and has asked the courts to help him, but when they tried she never showed up for treatment!
:mad:

CdwJava

The problem is that an evaluation of 48 to 72 hours is not difficult to obtain if you have a suicide attempt. Placement in a residential treatment facility is much more difficult. The odds improve if the patient has insurance that will cover the placement. if not, then she had best be a very poor candidate for outpatient treatment and the psychs will have to be able to articulate to a court that she is an imminent threat to herself. Apparently they either have not been able to articulate this, or they have chosen not to try.

Mental health is a very gray area of the law ... the state does not want to deprive people of their rights while at the same time they want to protect them from themselves. It is a very precarious line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">