• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my 2 boys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DB1324

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My son sexually abused my step-son when they were both children. My son was also sexually abused first by an adult. What legal avenues are there for both of these situations? This happened over 20 years ago and I have only just found out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I doubt you can do anything legally after so many years, especially since they are both adults. Besides urge them to get counseling.

LdiJ

I doubt you can do anything legally after so many years, especially since they are both adults. Besides urge them to get counseling.
In most states the statute of limitations for sexual abuse of a minor, by an adult, does not start tolling until the minor becomes an adult.

Therefore, the adult who abused the OP's son first might still be able to be charged, depending on the state statute of limitations and the age of the adult child.

However, I agree that the situation between the two minors is likely moot at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">