• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My bf didn't abuse me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebelagent

I got in a heated argument last night which lasted a while and was very loud. I told my bf to leave and he did. Apparently the cops came and he turned himself in to them because he said he wasn't guilty and should have nothing to fear. about 15 minutes later they came in and practically raided my apartment? I demanded they leave they literally flipped my bed over!

I recently got a lip piercing. I took it out because it's hurting and it's swollen and bruised. it looks like he punched me i guess.

I went down to the station and they said they have a report that said I said he slapped me! They then took a picture of my bruise and asked a lot of questions about being abused.

They say they're going to prosecute him and that I have to post bail if I want him to come home. They also know I'm not of legal status right now, so I can't bail him. I'm having a friend do it.

Is what they're doing illegal? Can they prosecute him and then lie about what I said? Can I somehow have the rest of the bail dismissed since it's not true?

They keep telling me not to worry he won't ever hurt me again and that if he did it once he can do it again! Like they're trying to convince me I've been abused. I've abused him more times than he has me. I've slapped him accidently cut him and that's about it. We just both have short tempers and tend to yell.

--------Side Note--------
This is not my case it's for my co-worker. She typed it up.

Antigone*

I got in a heated argument last night which lasted a while and was very loud. I told my bf to leave and he did. Apparently the cops came and he turned himself in to them because he said he wasn't guilty and should have nothing to fear. about 15 minutes later they came in and practically raided my apartment? I demanded they leave they literally flipped my bed over!

I recently got a lip piercing. I took it out because it's hurting and it's swollen and bruised. it looks like he punched me i guess.

I went down to the station and they said they have a report that said I said he slapped me! They then took a picture of my bruise and asked a lot of questions about being abused.

They say they're going to prosecute him and that I have to post bail if I want him to come home. They also know I'm not of legal status right now, so I can't bail him. I'm having a friend do it.

Is what they're doing illegal? Can they prosecute him and then lie about what I said? Can I somehow have the rest of the bail dismissed since it's not true?

They keep telling me not to worry he won't ever hurt me again and that if he did it once he can do it again! Like they're trying to convince me I've been abused. I've abused him more times than he has me. I've slapped him accidently cut him and that's about it. We just both have short tempers and tend to yell.

--------Side Note--------
This is not my case it's for my co-worker. She typed it up.
You have contradicted yourself ~ he has abused you.

You both need to get help.

mistoffolees

You have contradicted yourself ~ he has abused you.

You both need to get help.
I agree, although it sounds like he may not have done that on the night in question.

He needs an attorney. ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH: His attorney will call the DA and tell him that you are going to testify that he never hit you and that the bruising was from removing a piercing and that you told the police that. The DA will realize that he probably won't get a conviction and probably settle for a disorderly conduct charge.

But, meanwhile, the two of you need help so that you stop abusing each other (and, presumably, others).

rebelagent

Yeah we have short tempers and i only slap him because I was raised that way. (bad way I know). The cut accident wasn't even a fight it literally was an accident. Short story but irrelevant.

We have anger issues and I actually am already seeing someone for it (going to get something written from her about it) So I can go to the DA to clear this up? He doesn't even really shout at me! Only to defend himself. I'm the one who shouts.

And it was perfectly legal for them to search my apartment? I let them in to talk but they came right in to search for something. I asked them to stop. They had reports of an argument and that's why the came. It was late as well.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

Yeah we have short tempers and i only slap him because I was raised that way. (bad way I know). The cut accident wasn't even a fight it literally was an accident. Short story but irrelevant.

We have anger issues and I actually am already seeing someone for it (going to get something written from her about it) So I can go to the DA to clear this up? He doesn't even really shout at me! Only to defend himself. I'm the one who shouts.
Please read the advice you receive carefully. I did not suggest that you go to the DA - and would never suggest that. Your BF will need an attorney to defend him. You can go to your BF's attorney and explain the situation and HE will talk to the DA (if he believes that it's appropriate).

And it was perfectly legal for them to search my apartment? I let them in to talk but they came right in to search for something. I asked them to stop. They had reports of an argument and that's why the came. It was late as well.
They had probable cause. A fight was reported. You came to the door with a swollen lip. Their job is to protect the public and they wanted to make sure that there was no one in your room who could hurt you. I wasn't there so I can't say if they went too far, but they certainly had the right to search after you let them in.

rebelagent

Please read the advice you receive carefully. I did not suggest that you go to the DA - and would never suggest that. Your BF will need an attorney to defend him. You can go to your BF's attorney and explain the situation and HE will talk to the DA (if he believes that it's appropriate).

They had probable cause. A fight was reported. You came to the door with a swollen lip. Their job is to protect the public and they wanted to make sure that there was no one in your room who could hurt you. I wasn't there so I can't say if they went too far, but they certainly had the right to search after you let them in.
Sorry and okay!
I thought it was wrong because all they said when they saw me is that they wanted to talk. Walked in we talked a few minutes and they searched. I still don't know why they flipped my bed either it's not like anyone could hide under it! Maybe it was for a gun or something?

Oh well thank you for your advice I really appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">