• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex-boyfriend will not leave my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STUCK2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma

I hope this isn't too long but there are details I need to include. First off, I broke up with my ex last September (2010). The problem is he is verybally, emotionally and in the past physically abusive. He is the type to have the right threats that stop you in your tracks and the threats aren't threats to the police. He is very clever in how he words everything.
He went to jail in April for breaking into my mother's home who live right next door, all while I had a restraining order on him. The police picked him up and he was gone for 6 months.
The day he got out, I wasn't home but when I walked into my house, he was there.
He can be very loud and mean and even to my children, one of which is his, which makes this even harder.
Just to add to the problems, he knows all the "wrong" people which also makes me fear to call the police. If I didn't have children, I don't know if I would care as much but I fear something happening because I pissed him off.
He sleep on the floor in an extra room because he tells me he has nowhere to go. If I don't open the door at night he will bang on it until someone does.
He has broken in before and the cops told me they can't do anything because he broke into his own home....he get mail here. (Sound familiar ladies?)

I have repeatedly asked him to leave and all I get is he will have to sleep under a bridge and I never cared. I can't take anymore and do not know what to do. Even if he is forced to leave, he'll come around at night when nobody can see him.
He lives here like he pays for it and I cannot afford to take care of another person in my home.
He scared the hell out of my children before he was locked up and I'm afraid it's going to happen again. He's already showing signs of anger and that same evil look he gets because I "didn't answer my phone when he called".

I need to get him out without being the bad guy so nothing falls back on me. I'm stuck here and don't know what to do.

Fear for my children with him here and fear for them if I make him leave.

Just Blue

Today, 11:05 AM
Blue Meanie
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2005

You need to post this in the DV Forum.

Personally if I were you I would call an attorney and get a consult for your options. I would then contact a DV Counselor for help.

I would also have the children go to either their fathers home/s until this is resolved or a trusted friend/relative.

If you private message me the county I will see what resources I can find for you.
From your other thread....

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma

I hope this isn't too long but there are details I need to include. First off, I broke up with my ex last September (2010). The problem is he is verybally, emotionally and in the past physically abusive. He is the type to have the right threats that stop you in your tracks and the threats aren't threats to the police. He is very clever in how he words everything.
He went to jail in April for breaking into my mother's home who live right next door, all while I had a restraining order on him. The police picked him up and he was gone for 6 months.
The day he got out, I wasn't home but when I walked into my house, he was there.
He can be very loud and mean and even to my children, one of which is his, which makes this even harder.
Just to add to the problems, he knows all the "wrong" people which also makes me fear to call the police. If I didn't have children, I don't know if I would care as much but I fear something happening because I pissed him off.
He sleep on the floor in an extra room because he tells me he has nowhere to go. If I don't open the door at night he will bang on it until someone does.
He has broken in before and the cops told me they can't do anything because he broke into his own home....he get mail here. (Sound familiar ladies?)

I have repeatedly asked him to leave and all I get is he will have to sleep under a bridge and I never cared. I can't take anymore and do not know what to do. Even if he is forced to leave, he'll come around at night when nobody can see him.
He lives here like he pays for it and I cannot afford to take care of another person in my home.
He scared the hell out of my children before he was locked up and I'm afraid it's going to happen again. He's already showing signs of anger and that same evil look he gets because I "didn't answer my phone when he called".

I need to get him out without being the bad guy so nothing falls back on me. I'm stuck here and don't know what to do.

Fear for my children with him here and fear for them if I make him leave.
If you had a restraining order on him, why didn't you call the police when you saw him in your home?

You have to choose to either be an advocate for your and your children or "not be the bad guy," you can't be both. Since you have allowed him to live under your roof, you will need to legally evict him.

STUCK2011

Parental Alienation???

Was this for me?

And about the restraining order. I guess I should have clarified. Is an emergency order that I got before he got locked up. He violated that while he was breaking into my mother's house.
He went to jail and the restraining order was no longer in effect. He was locked up and the judge wouldn't grant an extention. He was not a threat while in jail.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">