• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Ex is in her 3rd abusive relationship.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jd2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico.

My 9 year old daughter is currently in her mothers care. I went to court since 2005 to obtain custody, but the judge continues to give her chances, and neglects the facts. Fact, my daughter has been sexually and physically abused by her mothers boyfriends. Fact she is terrified of her mothers current boyfriend who beats her mother and allegedly hits my daughter. If my ex retains custody I am sure my daughter will be in danger. How can I be sure my ex is not able to lie about these allegations and convince a small town to let my daughter move out of state. Their biggest issue is I live in OK and they are in NM.

Silverplum

My 9 year old daughter is currently in her mothers care. I went to court since 2005 to obtain custody, but the judge continues to give her chances, and neglects the facts. Fact, my daughter has been sexually and physically abused by her mothers boyfriends. Fact she is terrified of her mothers current boyfriend who beats her mother and allegedly hits my daughter. If my ex retains custody I am sure my daughter will be in danger. How can I be sure my ex is not able to lie about these allegations and convince a small town to let my daughter move out of state. Their biggest issue is I live in OK and they are in NM.
You need an attorney, and I doubt even that will prevent the move. You are already not in the same state as your child: therefore, there is no (legal) reason to keep Mom where she is in NM.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So... if your daughter is being abused, what are you doing about it? Who have you called? Who have you contacted? What proof do you have?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You need an attorney, and I doubt even that will prevent the move. You are already not in the same state as your child: therefore, there is no (legal) reason to keep Mom where she is in NM.
I think Dad wants Daughter to move to OK from NM, not that Mom is moving. :cool:

Ladyback1

What proof do you have of the abuse to your daughter? Is she in counseling for alleged sexual abuse? If no, why not?

Who have you contacted in NM (social services/CPS, etc) to help investigate your claims?
Where was divorce and custody decided? Have you contacted that court?

How often do you actually see your daughter? Because if it's not too frequent, your daughter *might* be attention seeking from you (or angry with some rule your wife has, or because the boyfriend wouldn't let her play Nintendo, watch TV, etc) I don't know you, your child or your ex--or any of the situation, except what you have told here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">