• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex-husband filed a false DV charge!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwatson37

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio Hi, 2 years ago my husband and I were divorced. We have a shared parenting agreement established. A few weeks ago he had my daughters disability checks stopped from coming to me and had them arranged to come to him. I contacted him and explained that He would not be getting them either. I had them suspended. He immediately went to our local domestic relations court and filed full custody, ask for child support, and filed a restraining order saying I threatened him and all sorts of lies. Now Im being told by friends that the court will make me take anger management classes and that I have to pay out of pocket. Please, What can I do? It doesnt seem fair for someone to be allowed to make false charges and make someone else suffer for something they didnt do!!! I have three court dates coming up for all this! Custody, child support, and restraining order. By the way our shared parenting agreement was he keep them summer months and I school year months. I cant go to their school! I cant talk to my kids! Nothing.

Last edited:

kikins

As for the restraining order, unfortunately there isnt much you can do once its placed. How long is it for?

Does he have any proof of your "threats"??

Silverplum

This poster only wants cuddly-bunny advice, as evidenced by posting Hx:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/support-increase-less-visitation-516847.html#post2562255

https://forum.freeadvice.com/domestic-violence-abuse-38/frivilous-ex-parte-513900.html#post2562100

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio Hi, 2 years ago my husband and I were divorced. We have a shared parenting agreement established. A few weeks ago he had my daughters disability checks stopped from coming to me and had them arranged to come to him. I contacted him and explained that He would not be getting them either. I had them suspended. He immediately went to our local domestic relations court and filed full custody, ask for child support, and filed a restraining order saying I threatened him and all sorts of lies. Now Im being told by friends that the court will make me take anger management classes and that I have to pay out of pocket. Please, What can I do? It doesnt seem fair for someone to be allowed to make false charges and make someone else suffer for something they didnt do!!! I have three court dates coming up for all this! Custody, child support, and restraining order. By the way our shared parenting agreement was he keep them summer months and I school year months. I cant go to their school! I cant talk to my kids! Nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">