• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My friend needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wg143

need advice on verval abuse problem

my friend needs help undefinedWhat is the name of your state?IL
Hi, Was wondering if someone would be able to give advice to my friend. She is 22yrs. old and recently married a 35 yr. old man, they have a 1yr. old baby. The problem that she has is that the man moved to Arizona and wanted her to move also, she did not want to move and decided to stay behind living with her family. Now the man calls her swearing at her and threatening her that if she doesn't get on a plane and goes by him he is going to take her son away from her. There is a non documented history of domestic violence , that's why she is terrified, also ever since he left about 5 moths he has not given her any monetary support for her or the baby. please advice, the plane ticket that he send her is for 3/25.

I need to know if there is anything that she can do legally, documenting verbal abuse , also if he has any rights to take the baby away from her?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">