• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My life has been threatened and police won't do anything...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmtns

Colorado - My ex-husband has literally threatened my life, and after beating me and our five-year-old daughter up, filed assault/DV charges on me when I finally hit him back. He has filed an RO and an assault/DV against ME, and has managed to keep from being arrested everytime he does this b/c he's a fire fighter, and the police "don't feel comfortable" making an arrest. Even when they have heard from both myself and my children that he has threatened to kill me if I continue this investigation against me, they will not grant a RO against him (although I've had several against him in the past), and will not arrest him. My attorney is very worried that he truly will follow through because if the investigation continues and he is arrested, he loses his standing in the Fire Dept., and will have nothing left to lose. I am scared to death and legally no one will help me. What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">