• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My young son and daughter fondled each other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weebleken

What is the name of your state? MI
Details are still not concrete, but my son, now age 11 and my daughter, age 9 in August have admitted to fondling each other on maybe 10 different occaisions begginning maybe two years ago and ending sometime between August 2006 and Christmas of 2006. This was uncovered by counselors at a local shelter, and they reported it to protective services who said they needed to contact the police, When I discovered this had happened it was from they're mother, my ex. I seem to remember it was fall of 2006...no snow on the ground. I was told that there was one encounter, consisting of my son sneaking into my daughters room while they were at their mothers and another attempt by my son to solicit my daughter, awake this time. He was disciplined at his mothers and then I spoke with both of them about correctness, appropriateness, legal issues, hurt feelings ect. Then I let my son know jail was waiting for him if he continued. By all accounts it has not happened since. The result of the contact of the Michigan State Police was that my kids were called in for interviews behind a two way mirror. These were recorded. I was not allowed to watch these interviews. I also have an older son who was interviewed, be it breifly. To my suprise these interviews uncovered that this had happened mostly at their mothers, "twice at" my house according to the interviewers, the rest at their mothers. Now the police want to bring my son down to interview him again. They claim, along with the prosecutor, that they "need to get his side of the story". Could they charge him? Do I need to take a lawyer with us? Can they take my son away? Its appearent hes scared and embaressed and sorry for what happened and it appears that my daughter was going along with it. Also Ive been asked to see a risk assesment counselor. What can they do?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? MI
Details are still not concrete, but my son, now age 11 and my daughter, age 9 in August have admitted to fondling each other on maybe 10 different occaisions begginning maybe two years ago and ending sometime between August 2006 and Christmas of 2006. This was uncovered by counselors at a local shelter, and they reported it to protective services who said they needed to contact the police, When I discovered this had happened it was from they're mother, my ex. I seem to remember it was fall of 2006...no snow on the ground. I was told that there was one encounter, consisting of my son sneaking into my daughters room while they were at their mothers and another attempt by my son to solicit my daughter, awake this time. He was disciplined at his mothers and then I spoke with both of them about correctness, appropriateness, legal issues, hurt feelings ect. Then I let my son know jail was waiting for him if he continued. By all accounts it has not happened since. The result of the contact of the Michigan State Police was that my kids were called in for interviews behind a two way mirror. These were recorded. I was not allowed to watch these interviews. I also have an older son who was interviewed, be it breifly. To my suprise these interviews uncovered that this had happened mostly at their mothers, "twice at" my house according to the interviewers, the rest at their mothers. Now the police want to bring my son down to interview him again. They claim, along with the prosecutor, that they "need to get his side of the story". Could they charge him? Do I need to take a lawyer with us? Can they take my son away? Its appearent hes scared and embaressed and sorry for what happened and it appears that my daughter was going along with it. Also Ive been asked to see a risk assesment counselor. What can they do?
Did you place the children in counseling to find out WHY this was happening?? In other words ...Di you act like a concerned Parent or just threaten them with "legal issues" and your "hurt feelings???

weebleken

Wasnt about my hurt feelings...it was their hurt feelings I was concerned about. Yes, I took them to counseling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">