• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need expert in stalking/harassment laws in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suebee88

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a stack of emails about 3 inches high from my mother which go back to at least 2003. I have record after record of me telling her to leave me alone, that I do not want to have a relationship with her. I told her that if she needs to contact me about my father's estate, she needs to do it through the estate attorney. She lives in a different county than I do.

On several different occasions, while conducting estate business in the county in which she lives, she has either spied on me or had others do it for her. She continues to pry information about me and my family from mutual acquaintences. She has not threatened me with violence, but my family and I live in fear of her. I changed addresses and didn't tell her, but somehow she found out where I was and sent flowers. I see the flowers as a veiled threat as her saying, "Ha ha, you can run but you can't hide. I know where you are!"

Her actions are unwelcome, annoying, and are causing me untold amounts of physical and emotional stress. Since she hasn't threatened me with violence, on what grounds might I be able to file for a protective order? I want her to leave me alone, and she obviously won't do that under her own volition.

The DA's office was no help. They said, "We can't give legal advice."

rmet4nzkx

suebee88 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a stack of emails about 3 inches high from my mother which go back to at least 2003. I have record after record of me telling her to leave me alone, that I do not want to have a relationship with her. I told her that if she needs to contact me about my father's estate, she needs to do it through the estate attorney. She lives in a different county than I do.

On several different occasions, while conducting estate business in the county in which she lives, she has either spied on me or had others do it for her. She continues to pry information about me and my family from mutual acquaintences. She has not threatened me with violence, but my family and I live in fear of her. I changed addresses and didn't tell her, but somehow she found out where I was and sent flowers. I see the flowers as a veiled threat as her saying, "Ha ha, you can run but you can't hide. I know where you are!"

Her actions are unwelcome, annoying, and are causing me untold amounts of physical and emotional stress. Since she hasn't threatened me with violence, on what grounds might I be able to file for a protective order? I want her to leave me alone, and she obviously won't do that under her own volition.

The DA's office was no help. They said, "We can't give legal advice."
This is your mother and you will always be her child.
She is making no threat you cannot get a restraining order.
If you want to hire an attorney to contact her you can pay them to write her a letter.
Obviously there is more to this story but there is no legal querstion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">