• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

longo270

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi! I am in need of some very serious advice. I hope that i have came to the right place for that. I have a female friend that is currently going through a divorce and unfortunately, her husband still lives with her and has become quite abusive. About an hour ago, he started beating her and choking her. The last message she sent to me stated that her face and neck hurt so bad that she can not swallow to try and eat. Her hand is hurting very bad from where he kicked her and then proceeded to threaten her life and threaten to take her child from her. She is afraid of calling the police or anyone to help her because she is afraid of losing her son to him. He was able to take custody of his son from a previous marriage so therefore she believes that he can do the same to her. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and in a timely manner if possible. thank you all for your help.

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi! I am in need of some very serious advice. I hope that i have came to the right place for that. I have a female friend that is currently going through a divorce and unfortunately, her husband still lives with her and has become quite abusive. About an hour ago, he started beating her and choking her. The last message she sent to me stated that her face and neck hurt so bad that she can not swallow to try and eat. Her hand is hurting very bad from where he kicked her and then proceeded to threaten her life and threaten to take her child from her. She is afraid of calling the police or anyone to help her because she is afraid of losing her son to him. He was able to take custody of his son from a previous marriage so therefore she believes that he can do the same to her. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and in a timely manner if possible. thank you all for your help.

Tell your friend to call the police right NOW. Make a report, and request to proceed the charge to the DA's office. Call the mother of the other child and give her the incident report number. Mom should then requst a temp restraining order. Also, mom needs to send the child to a safe place. Then mom needs to go to the courthouse in her jurisdiction first thing in the morning, request a temp restraining order, no visitation for dad until further orders. Call the mother of the other child to come pick up her child as soon as the father is arrested and carted off to jail. Call the domestic volience chapter in her area.

Tell to follow these steps. Let her know, that if she does not call within the hour, you will call the police yourself and they may take the children from the both of them if she doesn't tell the truth about what he did to her.

Then, YOU, call the police in one hour to do a wellness check on them. And don't you dare type back a response until you have followed through.

TinkerBelleLuvr

http://www.mcadv.org/

http://www.womenshealth.gov/violence/state/

http://www.catholiccharitiesjackson.org/services/domestic.violence.html

Is this the type of life her child should learn is acceptable? Help here get to a shelter.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The only reasonable advice last night would have been to call the police immediately. If that was not done - for whatever reason - I hope she has been in contact with you and you have brought her to a doctor. But until she is willing and able to stand up for herself, nothing is going to change.

Gracie3787

The next time this happens, you do not have to wait for your friend to call the police, you can call for her.
The police will go out and decide what the situation is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">