• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help about volation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omgforreal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? memphis tn

i have tempoary order of protection against my exbf when we had hearing she didnt grant it for a year she just extended the tempoary order of protection for 6 months

he still call me(which is a volation) but i dont ever answer
he also work with me and try to get someone to tells me stuff (also an volation) ok here's my question i tried to get him arrested for volation but they say is not enough proof when i got the numbers in my phone to prove it

what can i do he dont supoose to be calling i cant get any help from the police whats next

right now i think a order of protection is a joke

CdwJava

Without the order he can call, come by, knock on your door, stand outside and curse you, etc. With the order if there are witnesses to his contact he can go to jail or be charged with a crime. Unfortunately for you, with the prevalence of "spoofing" sites on the internet, the fact that a number displays on your phone is not proof that he called it. if it is his personal cell pr home number, the police can always speak to him and hope he admits to making the call, but if he sticks to not knowing about it, then things get tougher.

I would recommend you keep a log of the unanswered calls and anything else that happens. Also log any reports you make to the police, who you spoke with, and what action (if any) was taken. It may be important one day.

if he keeps violating the order and you keep calling, eventually the cops are likely to go tell him to knock it off.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Unfortunately for you, with the prevalence of "spoofing" sites on the internet, the fact that a number displays on your phone is not proof that he called it.
If you have an iPhone - there's an app for that!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">