• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need serious HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ann1623

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am giong to court on Monday against my ex I filed a domestic abuse order against him. I do not have a lawyer as I can not afford one. The thing is he is suboneaing all these people I have heard. How come I have not been notified on who he has subponead?? Do I not get notified?

The thing is none of these people have been in our house when these incidents occured? I am nervous and scared now I do not know what to do? I believe he is going to win now becuase he can afford a lawyer and I can not. He has all these people on his side and he is an EMT and a volunteer firefighter. So he has an image to uphold!

I need some advice any??

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am giong to court on Monday against my ex I filed a domestic abuse order against him. I do not have a lawyer as I can not afford one. The thing is he is suboneaing all these people I have heard. How come I have not been notified on who he has subponead?? Do I not get notified?

The thing is none of these people have been in our house when these incidents occured? I am nervous and scared now I do not know what to do? I believe he is going to win now becuase he can afford a lawyer and I can not. He has all these people on his side and he is an EMT and a volunteer firefighter. So he has an image to uphold!

I need some advice any??

this domestic abuse order? is there an established case number? or a brand new case?

was he arrested? on what charge? how long was he held?

Ann1623

This is a domestic abuse order. He was never arrested or held. I did not know some of the things that he did like shoving me and throwing all my things outside and leaving them for a week in the winter and the beds were soaked and picture wet and recked were considered domestic abuse.

Also I turned him in for unemployment fraud. There is so much going on here. I tried killing myself twice while we were together becuase of an abortion we had it took a mental toll on me and I ended un in an inpatient facility after he ruined my belongings.

So there has been no jail time and he was never arrested for him for anything. I can not even go out in the town we live in because it is a small town. He has tailgated me. I do not know what his witnesses are for?? To say he is a good guy and to say that I went crazy which I did for awhile after the abortion. I am so scared now. I do not go out in town, I can't because he shows up with people and they indimidate me into this. They do. I am scared.

Isis1

This is a domestic abuse order. He was never arrested or held. I did not know some of the things that he did like shoving me and throwing all my things outside and leaving them for a week in the winter and the beds were soaked and picture wet and recked were considered domestic abuse.

Also I turned him in for unemployment fraud. There is so much going on here. I tried killing myself twice while we were together becuase of an abortion we had it took a mental toll on me and I ended un in an inpatient facility after he ruined my belongings.

So there has been no jail time and he was never arrested for him for anything. I can not even go out in the town we live in because it is a small town. He has tailgated me. I do not know what his witnesses are for?? To say he is a good guy and to say that I went crazy which I did for awhile after the abortion. I am so scared now. I do not go out in town, I can't because he shows up with people and they indimidate me into this. They do. I am scared.
so you have no proof you are in need of a domestic order? i'm not trying to bust your bubble here, but all those occasions, the police should have been called. at that time.

what type of therapy are you currently participating in?

Ann1623

I am going to therapy for depression from all of this. I only have my journal that I keep daily that is all. Also the psych records which state the reason I was inpatient was for the last tilme that he threw my belongings outside. Also an emial to him about it and what was ruined.

He did not deny throwing my stuff outside in the email. At all. Said he wanted it out however the month before I wanted it all and he would not give it to me. I also have saved text messages from him saying I should kill myself. I don't know what I can use and what I can not.

Isis1

I am going to therapy for depression from all of this. I only have my journal that I keep daily that is all. Also the psych records which state the reason I was inpatient was for the last tilme that he threw my belongings outside. Also an emial to him about it and what was ruined.

He did not deny throwing my stuff outside in the email. At all. Said he wanted it out however the month before I wanted it all and he would not give it to me. I also have saved text messages from him saying I should kill myself. I don't know what I can use and what I can not.
problem with the psych records, is they only know what you tell them. they didn't see him throw your stuff out.

the text messages, depends on the judge if he'll entertain them. the e-mails, same thing. ex would have to admit the e-mail address is his and he wrote them. he could very easily say he never sent them and that's not his address. again, same with the text messages.

Ann1623

He admitted in an order he tried to get on me that he threw my stuff outside. that he did send me that text. I have to get those court records too??

Ann1623

I will go to the other county to get that information. Also the night he did that was the night I was put in the mental health unit at the hospital. The cop in the county we used to live in was at the residence and he called me in thinking I may hirt myself. Spoke with the police department and the officer also has in that report that my things were outside the residence.

My other question is to how come I do not know who he has subponead to court? Do I not get a list before hand. I am representing myself and I guess he has obtained legal help. Do they not have to tell me until we show up in court? He is getting people to testify that I bothered him, I did I left his house in November and he did not let me get my stuff Until January 23rd? How does the fact that I was always bothering him for my things back have to do with domestic abuse??

Hot Topic

You tried to kill yourself, but you're more worried about your belongings?

Please call the National Domestic Violence hotline at 1-800-799-7233.

Zephyr

You should read your state and local court rules- you likely have to ask him for the information about who he is calling and what evidence he plans on entering, look it up- there are specific ways to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">