• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neglect/ custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ann123

:confused: :confused: What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
my boyfriend have a joint custody with her daughter. We have her from friday to tues morning when we dropp her off to school. Would you consider that the child have been neglected? Everytime when she comes home to us she always smell (smell from below, i can smell when i change her clothes) and her private area have some white stuff. She never take a shower or a bath at all when she's with the mother. She is only 7 year old. Do you think this is normal for 7 year old. I thought this is a little odd for a young girl. Also when the child is with the mother, the child sleep downstairs with the grandparents in the same bed. The father consulted the DSS people but the DSS said that they have not found any neglect with the child.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Isn't it a little odd to be changing a 7yo's clothes (barring some sort of physical or mental disability)? I'd also suggest that there be a discussion with her about personal hygeine, etc - at 7 she is well old enough to hop in the shower on her own and wash herself. Or at the very least take a washcloth and give herself a quick once over with soap and water.

ann123

mom said

:mad: mom said, that they don't have time to take a shower or bath. And besides the child sleep in the grandparents apartment (downstairs) and mom doesn't do anything.
It is a good idea as a parent you let the child dress up her own but also making sure that she put on the clothes in the right way. One time the child came home to us with her underwear inside out and her shirt was backwards.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ann123 said:
It is a good idea as a parent you let the child dress up her own but also making sure that she put on the clothes in the right way. One time the child came home to us with her underwear inside out and her shirt was backwards.
Take this to court as a sign of neglect, hon. A judge will laugh you out of court. Make sure you also mention that she's worn unmatching socks, too. That truly is so petty as to be untrue. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">