• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neglect II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just as I am

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I appreciate all of the advice I got in the previous post. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to reply, in addition I have an update.

I picked my son up for my weekend and he told me he was laying down on the bed watching TV and the two year old came up on the side and hit him in the head with a toy before I came to pick him up on Friday. Saturday morning when we woke up my son had a black eye and the temple area and under his eye were vey sore. So to all that were saying a 2 year can't do that much damage, I disagree. I can't imagine if that toy was a pencil or a sharp object. The point is my son at 5 years of age should not have to keep his head on a swivel, the 2 year old should be taught what is appropriate play and the mother should be WATCHING the kids.

My son does know how to fight and is already in karate. And as much as I hate to admit this, I have already told him to TAKE THE KID DOWN! However, when it comes to his younger brother he is somewhat passive because he is fearful of my ex's husband going ape on my him if he did anything to their son and unfortunately my ex-wife wouldn't say a thing. My son just does not stand there and let the 2 year old scratch him. Once my son realizes the 2 year old, what my son calls "is going crazy", the 2 year old already has a piece of flesh under his nails before he can stop him. This is a pattern.

Just as I am

I contacted CPS on Friday and they will be out on Monday. I had taken time to think about it and thought I would go back to court but after my son told me he got hit in the head with a toy while just trying to watch TV, I decided quicker action was necessary for documentation.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'd have taken him to the doctor yesterday - be it his pediatrician, urgent care, the ER. THEIR report to CPS would have greater validity, IMO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">