• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It never ends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

As some of you know, last month I filed for a restraining order against my ex-husband's wife because of her online harassment of me, previous harassment towards me and videotaping me. The restraining order was not granted because I did not have the IP addresses of her postings and I did not have video :rolleyes: of her videotaping me...both her and ex straightfaced lied and said no videotaping had happened.

Since the hearing Skeletor has not attended the child custody exchanges. I thought this meant she had finally realized what she was doing was not productive.

Friday I was served with paperwork, she filed for a restraining order against me. She cites that I have been to her house in 2005 taking pictures. I was but that was for the custody case (not her) and I never left my vehicle or interacted with anyone. She cites I went to her house to drop off my son. I think that was in 06 or 07, but that was a miscommunication between dad and I- again- nothing to do with her. Then she states that I have tried to get her in trouble with the police and with the DA. I turned her defamatory internet postings into to the police who attempted to issue a ticket for disorderly conduct and then because of the way a statute is written had to turn the case over to the DA.

She says she is scared that once I run out of legal options to harass her that she is afraid for her safety.

Obviously, this is a retaliatory filing- she basically took the wording from my ro petition and tweeked it to suit her.

Is this common for people to do this for retaliation? Do the judges see it as such?

I am thinking I will ask the judge to dismiss it with prejudice and order her to reimburse me for lost wages and travel. Is there a better way I can handle this?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Oh, I can hear this:

Skeletor: She took a picture of me at my house?
Judge: when was this?
Skeletor: ummmm, ummmm, three years ago.
Judge: then why didn't you do something about it three years ago?
and so forth
I would come armed with YOUR RO and show how her wording and style mimics yours.

Worse case: ask that you EACH have one with the other.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Yeppers - it's the stuff that I've had before ... boy do I love it! Talk about getting your chocolate fix!! All the while making you happy!! Highly recommend it.

TinkerBelleLuvr

if you go to the www.chocovine.com website, there is a contact list that shows distributors by state. Those distributors can probably give you an idea where you can get it.

LdiJ

Oh, I can hear this:

Skeletor: She took a picture of me at my house?
Judge: when was this?
Skeletor: ummmm, ummmm, three years ago.
Judge: then why didn't you do something about it three years ago?
and so forth
I would come armed with YOUR RO and show how her wording and style mimics yours.

Worse case: ask that you EACH have one with the other.
Its actually 4 years ago for the first issue...

However, I do agree with this. I do think that the worst that could happen is a mutual restraining order, and that might not be a bad thing.

Zephyr

Its actually 4 years ago for the first issue...

However, I do agree with this. I do think that the worst that could happen is a mutual restraining order, and that might not be a bad thing.
I actually thought about just asking for that, hubby thinks if I can avoid having an RO on the record that's the better way to go. I agree, given my business but right now, anything to just have her stop the games....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">