• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newbie and have 730 Psych Eval questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twoshoes

What is the name of your state?:( What is the name of your state? ca

I am new to this board and I'm writing for advice concerning a 730 psych eval. I have been going through a divorce for the past three years. My marriage was short lived with domestic violence with my ex being arrested last year and spent time in jail and placed on probation. To top it off, he was arrested for suspicion of murder nine months ago, however was not charged due to the witness with a history of drugs and alcohol not being credible. The family law court granted my restraining order with legal and physical custody of my seven year old daughter, no visitation awarded to "him". After his arrest for dv, a criminal protective order was issued in addition to the pro. After winning back my home when he transfered it to his parents to hide assets this past June, he filed a motion to check box h on the criminal protective order which would allow the family court to rule on visitation.

However, his motion was denied and filed a motion in the family law court for modification of the custody order and proceed with a psych eval claiming I was responsible for his depression and rage because I was the actual abuser. My ex has been in and out of treatment centers well before we were married and was diagnosed with being borderline psychotic, this was kept from me prior to our marriage and I became aware two years later when he showed it to me. The family law court allowed for the psych eval, but denied visitation and the orders remain in full force and effect. He is to pay for the eval and my little girl will be kept out of it, I had her in therapy due to his violent behavior with her and both of us are beginning to heal.

He is harrassing me the only way he can legally with out going to jail with this psych eval and in his mind he is still in control. Child support services had placed a lien on the house knowing he was the owner for past support. When the house was transfered to me, he had to satisfy the lien. Support is 74.00 a month and hasn't paid current support. He is claiming poverty, however, he is a trust fund baby. I would rather he keep the 74.00 and leave us alone, but I have a feeling, that won't happen.

If anyone has been evaluated under this 730 psych eval, what takes place? What does the evaluator look for or doesn't look for? I am worried that he will present himself to be the outstanding father, when in true reality, is very dangerous and with that presentation, will be granted visitation and custody. If that happens, my daughter will never see me again and she is afraid of him to begin with. I have a strong concern that if he doesn't get his way, I will be in great danger. I just fired my attorney for fee issues and billing more than what I was getting. If anyone knows of a good attorney in the Ventura County area I would really appreciate it.

I will be selling my home soon and I want to move far away, but now with this issue, it will be harder for me to do that. What makes me so angry is that he has abused me since I was three months pregnant in and out of treatment and jail and is allowed to blame me and put me through this. I just don't understand it and I am afraid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">