• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needtoknow732

Illinois.

Ok not sure if this is exactly the right spot to put this but oh well. So my fiance and i got into a fight a few weeks ago which ended in her going to jail for about 24 hours. I got a temp emergency RO just to make sure things had time to cool off, Dropped the RO expecting to be able to talk things out with her to try and work things out (love the girl cant just up and leave her even if she did abuse me) but it turns out that she also had a No contact order that the judge or someone put on her for her charges. Now in order to talk to me she needs to get those dropped. First question, am i able to file for the No Contact order to be dropped since i guess i'm technically the victim (was reading up about it and it said victim can petition to drop the order) or is that all up to the judge, i know either way it is but do i have any say whatsoever? Second Question, The No Contact restricts her from having contact with me, but does it restrict me from having contact with he, so to say could i say something to her if we happened to run into each other at the mall or mail/email her something as long as she doesnt say anything back to me or anything like that. I'm just trying to cover the basis here so no one gets in anymore trouble. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">