• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Contact Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Munkey

Ny fiance and I both got cited and a N.C.O. in place a few months ago. We each have our own trial next month (jury trial) The police came to her house looking for me they say the court needs a addredd to where I have been staying. I have been hoping place to place and even hotels. We both have NO records what so ever. This was a one time iccident due to drinking which we both have stopped drinking! Im also wondering sense I blew a.287 if that factor would have negative or positive on the trial? (Not worth to lose the love of my life) Will they want to goto all the places i have staied or just confirm them? 2nd question is my lawyer thinks that the Prossicuting attorney does not have anything to ge me with cuz at the pre-trial he offered to lower the charge to a disorderly. My lawyer advised aginst it and said we can get this all dropped cuz from talking to the P.A. he feels theres nothing. This incident was so so so minor neither one of us should have been charged. They cited her as well for the same thing. I hope this makes sense! Will this N.C.O. go away after the trial? We want to work on thigs and still plan on getting married!

mistoffolees

OP is lucky he isn't dead.
0.287 is somewhat under the fatal level. Obviously, it's extremely high which is dangerous and stupid, but not yet fatal.
Blood alcohol content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0.40 is listed as the level where death can occur, but that's actually the level where death becomes a significant possibility. The Ld50 (level where 50% of people will die) is around 0.45 (which is somewhat lower than I expected):
Drinking Games. How Many Shots Would it Take to Kill You? Find Out Here!

For the record, there's a chart in the wiki article. We don't know OP's weight, but if they weigh 150 pounds, that would be 10 drinks. Since OP is male, that is likely to be on the low side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">