• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacrest6969

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

So a cpl of months ago i was homeless and was stayin with a friend and yes she is my ex. Well we were drinking and she got mad at me and she started to scratch me up. Her sister ended up calling the cops and since I was drunk and mad I pressed assault charges against her. I got charged with tresspassing and I got a fleeing on foot charge. As I had to leave the area asap cause I was homeless in an area with no family I couldn't make it to court so I know I have warrants. I just found out 2day that she was convicted of the misdmeanor assault charge and has a no contact order saying she can't contact me, yah she is the one that told me this. My question is really, once I get caught or turn myself in is the defense attorney they give me gonna assist me with gettin that lifted if I ask him or her? I want to turn myself in but I'm trying to save up money so I don't get stranded up there broke.

If the judge won't lift it, where could I go next to override that decision? This is really ridiculious as she is a 120 lb girl and I'm a male. What really happened was just some stupid drunk stuff. I don't like that gov is trying to "protect" me when I don't want it. I'm close with this girls kid(not mine tho) and I ofcourse want it lifted cause of that.

single317dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

So a cpl of months ago i was homeless and was stayin with a friend and yes she is my ex. Well we were drinking and she got mad at me and she started to scratch me up. Her sister ended up calling the cops and since I was drunk and mad I pressed assault charges against her. I got charged with tresspassing and I got a fleeing on foot charge. As I had to leave the area asap cause I was homeless in an area with no family I couldn't make it to court so I know I have warrants. I just found out 2day that she was convicted of the misdmeanor assault charge and has a no contact order saying she can't contact me, yah she is the one that told me this. My question is really, once I get caught or turn myself in is the defense attorney they give me gonna assist me with gettin that lifted if I ask him or her? I want to turn myself in but I'm trying to save up money so I don't get stranded up there broke.

If the judge won't lift it, where could I go next to override that decision? This is really ridiculious as she is a 120 lb girl and I'm a male. What really happened was just some stupid drunk stuff. I don't like that gov is trying to "protect" me when I don't want it. I'm close with this girls kid(not mine tho) and I ofcourse want it lifted cause of that.
Judges don't like to terminate protective orders that stem from battery charges. You might get that accomplished, but don't hold your breath. Violent people need to be restrained from committing further acts of violence.

The prosecutor on her criminal case would be the best person to talk to, as the state will likely oppose the dismissal of the order. If that prosecutor finds out she's still contacting you, there will likely be more criminal charges.

seacrest6969

Judges don't like to terminate protective orders that stem from battery charges. You might get that accomplished, but don't hold your breath. Violent people need to be restrained from committing further acts of violence.

The prosecutor on her criminal case would be the best person to talk to, as the state will likely oppose the dismissal of the order. If that prosecutor finds out she's still contacting you, there will likely be more criminal charges.
Well she told me that if she stays out of trouble for a yr the charge goes away does the no contact order go away 2. If they won't drop it can't I take to the states supreme court? All I know is I am not going to let this stand I will say **** when I go to court regardless if I get more charges and end up sitting. I'm a dude and she's a girl this is stupid

All I know is that when I turn myself in I'm gonna take my charges which most ppl plea to to trial by jury unless they include in the plea the no contact order lifted. Which is perfectly within my rights since our cases r linked through facts. I'm going to straight up tell my defense counsel that. I will sit in jail for months if I have to

Last edited:

single317dad

Well she told me that if she stays out of trouble for a yr the charge goes away does the no contact order go away 2. If they won't drop it can't I take to the states supreme court? All I know is I am not going to let this stand I will say **** when I go to court regardless if I get more charges and end up sitting. I'm a dude and she's a girl this is stupid
Usually, the protective order is dismissed at the conclusion of the sentence or probation, but you'd have to ask about that particular case to be sure.

If you approach this with an attitude, you probably won't get what you want. Court sort of works that way. Good luck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
quote worthy.

Dude, seriously... Get sober and move on with your life. Her kid does not need Mom and some unrelated person fighting. Leave her alone. At least the no contact order may help with that.

seacrest6969

Usually, the protective order is dismissed at the conclusion of the sentence or probation, but you'd have to ask about that particular case to be sure.

If you approach this with an attitude, you probably won't get what you want. Court sort of works that way. Good luck.
I know what you mean but its hard not having an attitude when they be trying to control a friendship. Its not like I'm some battered woman. This is just absurd I had literally two scratch marks on me. I've done worse to myself when drunk

seacrest6969

quote worthy.

Dude, seriously... Get sober and move on with your life. Her kid does not need Mom and some unrelated person fighting. Leave her alone. At least the no contact order may help with that.
Dude seriously I was asking for legal advice not life advice. I am sober and you don't know the whole situation. What if I've helped raised this kid from birth as my own?? And I don't contact her she contacts me every so often to let me know what's going on. We will do what we want regardless. And I will get this lifted.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dude seriously I was asking for legal advice not life advice. I am sober and you don't know the whole situation. What if I've helped raised this kid from birth as my own?? And I don't contact her she contacts me every so often to let me know what's going on. We will do what we want regardless. And I will get this lifted.
Mmm hmm... Yet your posts are all about drinking and being drunk.

And the kid is NOT yours.

At the end of the day? You DID ask for charges to be pressed. Just because you're a big bad man doesn't mean anything.

seacrest6969

Mmm hmm... Yet your posts are all about drinking and being drunk.

And the kid is NOT yours.

At the end of the day? You DID ask for charges to be pressed. Just because you're a big bad man doesn't mean anything.
Is this person 4real lmfao. Ok first there's more to family and caring for kids than being blood related. Secondly, I've posted once bout dis situation. lastly yah I pressed the charges but I was drunk and not in the right state of mind at the time. You need to swerve with this noise you're obviously no help here

Silverplum

Is this person 4real lmfao. Ok first there's more to family and caring for kids than being blood related. Secondly, I've posted once bout dis situation. lastly yah I pressed the charges but I was drunk and not in the right state of mind at the time. You need to swerve with this noise you're obviously no help here
Alrighty then.

:cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yet you have no drinking problem. Stop posting like you're drunk, then.

Just Blue

I agree. There is more to caring for a child than DNA. Like NOT getting s-faced and combating with Mom. Exposing a child to such crap is disgusting. You should feel a deep sense of shame on your drunken behavior. :(

Ladyback1

the defense attorney assigned to you most likely will not giving two flying ferret farts about the protective order.

You can attempt to file a "motion to vacate" (http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Pro-Se/ProSeForms/ProSe-GeneralMotion.pdf) by yourself, after you deal with your own legal issues.

I do suggest that you not use the type of grammar/slang that you used here.

Last edited:

Just Blue

the defensive attorney assigned to you most likely will not giving two flying ferret farts about the protective order.

You can attempt to file a "motion to vacate" (http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Pro-Se/ProSeForms/ProSe-GeneralMotion.pdf) by yourself, after you deal with your own legal issues.

I do suggest that you not use the type of grammar/slang that you used here.
"defensive attorney"? Really? Do you mean Defense Attorney? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">