• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no contact order/violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csmotryski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? idaho

The state of Idaho has put a no contact order on me in after a domestic violence charge (nothing happened and she told the prosecutor that) so I cant contact my fiance even though neither one of us wanted the nco in the first place. we are in the process of getting the nco dropped but in the mean time I have 2 nco violations because we love each other and want to see each other how can I get the violations dropped? and do the nco violations hurt our chances of getting the nco dropped?

RRevak

The state of Idaho has put a no contact order on me in after a domestic violence charge (nothing happened and she told the prosecutor that) so I cant contact my fiance even though neither one of us wanted the nco in the first place. we are in the process of getting the nco dropped but in the mean time I have 2 nco violations because we love each other and want to see each other how can I get the violations dropped? and do the nco violations hurt our chances of getting the nco dropped?
You just don't randomly get a no contact order from a domestic violence charge that "didn't happen". What went on that brought on the domestic charge in the first place? Depending on the circumstances there might not be anything you or your fiance can do in terms of getting the charges dropped.

csmotryski

i was arrested for domestic violence but she made up stuff to tell the cops and then recanted her statements because i didnt lay a hand on her it was a classic case of drunken idiot syndrome and i said some stuff that i shouldnt have the fact is the no contact order shouldnt exist in the first place.

xylene

the fact is the no contact order shouldnt exist in the first place.
That is not for you or her to decide at this point.

How did you pull violations unless she reported you? :rolleyes:

If you have an alcohol problem, and it seems you do, looking into that would help you understand this a lot and could help with your case.

You need a lawyer and you need to be prepared for this to take a year or more to resolve.

Consider that maybe your 'fiance' and you are in a toxic relationship.

latigo

You are asking whether two violations of the no-contact order could adversely affect your chances of getting the order removed?!

You have to be joking or the booze has addled your brain!

Its bad enough for you that the first offense, a misdemeanor, is punishable by up to one year in the county jail and a fine not to exceed $1000.

But the second violation is a felony and if convicted you could be fined up to $5000 and incarcerated in the state penitentiary for not more that five (5) years. Idaho Code Section 18-920(3).

And please don’t delude yourself into thinking that if the state elects to prosecute you for these offenses that you will be heard to argue in you defense as you are doing here; to-wit:

“That nothing happened”, and “neither of us wanted the order in the first place”.

Because it ain’t going to fly! You had your chance to resist the issuance of the order and/or appeal it, but those windows are closed.

Furthermore, if your girlfriend were to retract the statements in her DV complaint, she would be admitting to having filed a false police report, which is also punishable as a felony. And I can almost guarantee that she would be criminally charged.

csmotryski

ok i have no alcohol "problem" we just got drunk one night and got into it neither of us have drank since then. that is not the issue the issue is the violations which one of them we got pulled over together and they asked for my ID and the other one i was at "our" apt and the cops came (as they do everytime someone with a nco is released and they cant get ahold of the victim) 4 hours after i was released from jail for the first violation. i went there because if i didnt go to her house i would have had to sleep in the snow outside i literally had no where to go i have no family here or anything and dont tell me i should have gone to the homeless shelter because it was too late by the time i was released to get a bed or floor space at the shelter. none of you are answering the questions your just asking irrelevant questions about my case.

csmotryski

WOW!!! Are you kidding??! The second offense is not a felony I have already seen a judge, got a continuance, and it's a third offense that is a felony; you people are ****ing useless and are of no help at all!!! You list an Idaho code and think your ****in smart.... You have no idea what the **** you're talking about!!! I hate alcohol I drink maybe once every 6 months and you people keep thinking I'm a damn alcoholic what the ****?! I'm done with this ****in website... I thought you idiots could help me or that maybe you had some experience with the law but apparently you're all just a bunch of jail house lawyers.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm sorry these idiots got on here to judge you and lie to you. I don't even understand why they called you an alcoholic. And just because you two got caught, doesn't mean she reported you. My fiance and I are going through the same thing. He had a domestic violence 2 years ago, so when they neighbors called on him this year, even though there were no marks or evidence, they took him. He also has 2 nco violations. The 3rd is a felony. The neighbors called on us. Anyway, you can ask the courts once to file a hearing for you. DO NOT GET JUDGE SCHILLER. If you get denied, you can hire a private attorney, or try a pro bono lawyer. I just left a message with one. And if you're not wearing a gps, it would be so easy for you two to sneak around and still be together. Just keep it under wraps.
You really love your fiancé so much that you don't care about his going to jail for the inability to follow the law. Oh and OP is no longer here. When you act like a jerk you get banned. We also don't encourage people to commit criminal acts. Go to felonsareus.com or another site that allows that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">