• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no grounds restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

comicshop

What is the name of your state? California
Wife served me with a restraing order to move out etc... at the end of the order it says there has been no history of volience, but this order may cause me to take it out on the kids. I belive she is doing this jsut to be malicious. Do I have remadie for this??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

comicshop said:
What is the name of your state? California
Wife served me with a restraing order to move out etc... at the end of the order it says there has been no history of volience, but this order may cause me to take it out on the kids. I belive she is doing this jsut to be malicious. Do I have remadie for this??

My response:

Explain yourself.

What do you mean by, "but this order may cause me to take it out on the kids"?

IAAL

C

comicshop

Restraining order??

On the last page at the bottum it says "you must explain why you checked 7a, b,c,d, or e. " Her responce was, " The Respondent is estremely controlling and verbally abusive with the chgildren. Petitioner fears that Respondent will take action against them if warned that orders are being sought. " I knew she wanted a divorse for monthes. She told the kids, monthes before. I wasn't a surprise. I don't understand why the judge signed this. There has been no acts of volience. Does the court know that this is, or will they be able to determen that this is just maliciousness. And will I beable to seek some kind of remity.???

djohnson

I'm just curious why you want to remedy this? You don't like the RO because...? I understand if it's not true it may hurt your feelings but what is the damage it has done that you want to remedy?

enjay

Restraining orders can result in someone losing a security clearance or job...if there's no real reason for it I can understand the OP being upset.

djohnson

I can understand it also and didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't. However that was not stated and felt like knowing how this affected the OP would help in advice given and and different routes that could possibly be taken. Also, if there was no damage if it was a personal thing to get back at her. There are different ways to skin a cat as my grandma use to say and without knowing the extent of what OP is dealing with you can't cover every possibility. I think you might just be a little touchy. Knowing details can only be helpful if those details are related, in which this case they are.

C

comicshop

Harm Caused

Well first off I haven’t seen my kids since last February. I am sure this is causing them some terrible emotional stress. Second the X is making some vary untrue libelous innuendoes. Causing the court to go through a lengthy investigation. She is also frustrating the courts orders for visitation not agreeing on any one to supervise and insisting on an agency that offers 45 minuets of supervised visits for $60.00 When the allegations are disproved will I have any sanctions available to me or can she imply what ever she wants and continue delaying my visitation and joint custody??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">