• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non jury trial case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Meeshell21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am going to trial next week for my ex that was arrested for Domestic violence, assault in the 3rd degree. I called the DA today and he said not to even bother bringing anyone to trh trial b/c he won't be able to put anyone on the stand, such as the person that told abuser admitted to assaulting me. The DA said he is trying to keep it down so that the defense attorney will not be able to bring any witnesses on their end. I also have emails from his ex girlfriends that were sent to me on facebook saying how he abused them as well, which can also not be used in court. I mean what can i do?? I don't feel comfortable with this prosecuter, i don't feel like he is helping at ALL! I can't bring witnesses, i can't bring edvidence in writing, whats the point?!?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">