• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not guilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janececal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My boyfriend was arrested for dv, did not touch me. He has been ordered to stay away from me, he lives with me, how can I get that order lifted?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My boyfriend was arrested for dv, did not touch me. He has been ordered to stay away from me, he lives with me, how can I get that order lifted?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If he didn't touch you why were the police called? Who called them? Why was he arrested? Why was a RO put in place? Is this his first arrest for DV?

janececal

he has never been in trouble before, we both had too much to drink and got in an argument outside a resturant/bar. They thought it was more than it was, he grapped my sweater and pulled it, it ripped. He did not touch me.
because we live together they said they had to take him to jail. He spent the night in jail was released late last night. We are afraid to comunicate with each other, due to the judge forbide it.

Proserpina

he has never been in trouble before, we both had too much to drink and got in an argument outside a resturant/bar. They thought it was more than it was, he grapped my sweater and pulled it, it ripped. He did not touch me.
because we live together they said they had to take him to jail. He spent the night in jail was released late last night. We are afraid to comunicate with each other, due to the judge forbide it.
Then he did touch you. When did this happen?

Wait until the hearing - both of you can present your side of the story.

janececal

Happened this past Friday night. The hearing isn't until Dec 2nd, he can't afford to stay in a hotel for that long and hasn't any close friends in Florida. Isn't there something we can do?

Gracie3787

Happened this past Friday night. The hearing isn't until Dec 2nd, he can't afford to stay in a hotel for that long and hasn't any close friends in Florida. Isn't there something we can do?
Did the protective order state that he is to stay away from your specific address?
If not, do you have anyone you can stay with until the hearing?

What is the exact wording of the order?

printman31

Oh so then you wanted him to grab you & rip your shirt?
What your B/F (facsimile there of) did was indeed domestic battery. You do not put your hands on your partner. If you so choose to do that you are guilty of violating the domestice battery laws. The order stating he has to stay away is the mandatory 72 hour order of protection that is standard with a domestic battery arrest. Your state may be different though. read the papers he was given upon his release that staet he can't be with you. AS for how to get him out of this. He needs anger management classes. They will always say they'll never do that again. It only get's worse from here on out without intervention. I won't give you any advice on how to get him off these charges. I also suggest to others not to give you that advice either.. But I can't control what others do. I can only suggest..

Isis1

say those exact words to the judge as a witness. they'll handle everything else from there. i promise.

TexKex

Run !!!! As far and as fast as you can !!! Lock the doors too :)

I know you don’t want to hear it. But loose his number, find another man, RUN.

A man who cannot control his alcohol intake and seems to have lack of ability to control his anger, will most likely have an episode of these two things mixing again.

You have one problem.... It will get worse. RUN...
Also I don’t want you to ever send me an email or reply, thanking me and telling me that you should have listened to my advice 

P.S. I am a straight man, who been falsely accused of DV, as a result I had to learn everything about DV and its impact on victims. I speak from countless hours of reading, education, and case histories that I have read in order to combat false allegations.

My ex-husband got angry and yelled a few times soon after we were married. I blew it off, we were arguing and he lost his temper, no biggie. It would never happen again. Eventually he shoved me against a wall. I packed my bags and spent the night with my mother, but didn't tell her what happened. Things slowly escalated. I left fearing for my life and lucky to be alive years later after he brutally raped me and tried to kill me. Being stupid like I am, I was ashamed and never reported the crime and the ******* has my kids. It'll escalate, kick him to the curb now before you end up seperated with kids. No point ruining a child's life as well as your own.

Hot Topic

What does being straight have to do with anything? If you think it does, you're not as educated on DV as you think you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">