• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if I should post this here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalese

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I don't know if this is considered domestic violence

My mom is almost 92, my brother just turned 66 but has emotional problems and lives with my mother ( I don't live with her)
and is always causing trouble for her. She still wants him around but I think it is time we placed him with an assisted living facility.
I already looked into an assisted living facility for him. Here is my question " I have power of Attorney" Can I have him removed if my mom still wants him around? I am just worried about her. Let me give you an example
The day after my mom had come back from major colon cancer surgery, my brother started acting up yelling. she should not have to go through that and I think it's time he should be out of the house.

I just need to know if it is my call

legalese

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Over whom does he have power of attorney? That is the question. You may or may not be right.
It's not a conservatorship. The PoA grants certain rights to the grantee. It doesn't remove those rights from the grantor.

legalese

It's not a conservatorship. The PoA grants certain rights to the grantee. It doesn't remove those rights from the grantor.
Thanks. What happens if her mind starts to go? Would I be able to put my brother in an assisted living facility then?

legalese

Last edited:

LdiJ

Thanks. What happens if her mind starts to go? Would I be able to put my brother in an assisted living facility then?

legalese
You would have to have guardianship over your brother to do so against his will.

If you are concerned over your mother and brothers health and safety, call adult protective services and they can investigate if intervention is needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">