• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opiote/alcohol psychosis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsapp1978

oregon

I am writing in regards to an incident that happened on march 6, 2010. I was camping with my family and my husband and I got into and argument. I believed that I had been assaulted during this incident. My husband and I were both dinking excessively. My blood alcohol was .27 and I do not know my husbands. I drove to get help- a block down the road. He was arrested and I was issued a dui and taken to the hospital for seizures and apnea. I know that I did lose a few hours of the night and do not know if it is from the opiate medications that I have been prescribed for years or if a mix from that and the extreme alcohol. At any rate after the incidents that happened I am wondering if it is possible for me to have mis-remembered what happened that night and also if the Dui could be fought over this condition.

Antigone*

oregon

I am writing in regards to an incident that happened on march 6, 2010. I was camping with my family and my husband and I got into and argument. I believed that I had been assaulted during this incident. My husband and I were both dinking excessively. My blood alcohol was .27 and I do not know my husbands. I drove to get help- a block down the road. He was arrested and I was issued a dui and taken to the hospital for seizures and apnea. I know that I did lose a few hours of the night and do not know if it is from the opiate medications that I have been prescribed for years or if a mix from that and the extreme alcohol. At any rate after the incidents that happened I am wondering if it is possible for me to have mis-remembered what happened that night and also if the Dui could be fought over this condition.
Mis-remember the fact that you drove :confused: - ok, so if you didn't drive to get the police, then who did :rolleyes:

So you basically want to say that it just wasn't the booze you drank, it was the booze AND the medication that made you do it, right ;)

futuredust

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seriously - both of you need some serious therapeutic help.

And if the two of you have kids? I would suggest you get someone competent to care for them until both of you sort out your issues. Kids don't need to be dragged through this kind of muck.

Proserpina

oregon

If anything, the fact that you were on opiates may make things worse - because you shouldn't have been drinking and driving period...and you know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">