• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of protection/harrasment protection for my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

I seperated from my ex and because of many reasons I gave up my parental rights to my daughter despite the fact that we had other agreements I am now unable to see or speak to my daughter. I know that legally I am unable to do anything about that anymore and I was aware of that risk when I signed the papers so I understand that I may not see my baby till shes 18. It's been almost 2 years since I haven't seen my daughter and I found out a few weeks ago that my ex has been trying to contact my 12 year old son who lives with my first wife in PR- he has a myspace account which I monitor and shes been sending him messages telling him that the reason he can't see his sister is because I was a bad daddy and never helped her in anything and that he should call her to see his sister. I have told her to stop emailing my son and ive tried to make arrangements for the kids to meet but she does not want me to be involved. She basically wants to come and pick up my son at my house and drop him off later on. First of all he is still to young for me to let him go out on his own and his mother does not want him with any strangers either and secondly I am very sure that she is going to try to tell him things about me. I want to know if there is a way I can put up an order of protection against her towards him or a harrasment protection because ive asked her a bunch of times to stop messaging him even change his account and she keeps insisting. Is there something I can legally do? Keep in mind im the non custodial parent but I do have my son with me for 4 months out of the year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">