• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state restraining order violation / burglary / other issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alort

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ / PA
I have an NJ temp. restraining order against my ex fiance. On it, one of the places he was restrained from, was 'Mother's house'. It did not name address, but I had asked that to restrain him from her house in PA, and he would have known.
Background on house in PA:PA House is mother / daughter, originally to be joint venture, still in my mothers name, he made small down payment, I paid off house through re-fi of my own home in NJ. Payments originally agreed to be split, I continuing to pay what I had been previously, he to be pay the additional costs, (since I was to retire, to be with him, pending diminished cash flow, in lieu of contributing cash I was to compensate by helping him run his business (he always insisted that I run it as if it were my own, since it would be 'ours' when we married, and all of 'this' was for our future! (I did my part as promised, office managing, laboring at his side, as well as bringing in some lucrative accounts) I did retire at a diminished pension from my own career to do it. Yet though financially able, he did reneged on making his share of the payments as agreed, other then first two, paid by me from his account, acting as office manager, (bill payments being one of my responsibilities) He paid nothing to mortgage, instead, He had BIG plans for the house, though I managed to pare them down, he still proceeded to do major gutting, which included one full bathroom, and one half bath, against my wishes. As well as other work NOT agreed upon!! As our relationship deteriorated, he ceased doing anything at house, leaving me without the resources to repair it, and eliminating any option of recouping some of my monthly costs by renting it. We discussed his purchasing it, making me whole, but that has gone no where, selling it would be at a substantial loss, that I can ill afford. Now he would rather sue me for his deposit, and money he expended on labor done, which for the most part, I argued with, and he chose to do anyway! He is ignoring any financial gain / benefit he has derived from my labor in the business, and my sacrifices for 'us'. For the most part he benefited in the 'now' while I sacrificed, my benefit to be reaped in our future, for which I worked very hard and gave up much for. For me to sell it would be at much greater loss, then renting it, which if I could do soon, would slow down my losses, until the market eventually comes back.
After TRO order was in place, the vacant PA house was broken into. Items taken were, for the most part his, except for an antique coffee table, cast iron and wooden slat top, with three cast iron and rattan benches that fit under it, as well as some tools. That were not his. He also. Entry gained by breaking basement window. Once in, he broke through door separating mother / daughter side, damaging both locks, splitting door and door frame. Police notified. Various neighbors were able to give a description of the man and woman they observed loading a vehicle they described which was consistent with his primary vehicle. He at NO point ever requested any items from the house.
My question is how does this work? Does he get charged in PA for Burglary? Does she? violation of TRO, is that charged in NJ? Is there enough information to charge him, does the burglary have to be charged first? One lawyer said I have a strong case for palimony, but it is costly and the law has recently changed in NJ. He has threatened to bankrupt me with litigation, he has the resources to do this. What do I do?

Note: we have mutual TRO's he obtained his first when he discovered I had spoken with his new girlfriend. I did this, because he kept trying to reconcile with me, denying involvement with other women. To 'punish' me he claimed I threatened to break his legs during a phone conversation. (He has become so irrational, I taped our conversations, on the date in question. He lied. He caused me to be arrested on a third degree crime, and got his TRO based on the same lie, the only thing in that conversation was his threat to bankrupt me. My order was obtained based on his threats to destroy my life by locating any man I got close to - he was going to threaten to kill them. Though he parades around with his new woman to all our friends, going all the places we frequented, he has continued to torment me by defaming me to anyone that will listen. He has gone out of his way to speak to male friends of mine, and either attempt to gain their confidence, or intimidate them (he is big and burly). He has asked at 5 that I know of, how do they know me. Then he will proceed to tell them he wants to reconcile with me, or that he still loves me....
I am sorry this story is so convoluted, but I was afraid if I over simplified, and left out a fact or two, that might change the answer I would get. I am not sure which facts are germane to the issue(s)
I am not even sure what of this has legal remedy. The cost of repair to the house, is roughly $40 - $50 k. A large amount of the work that I agreed we should do, was never commenced. I have no problem sharing in the responsibility of what we did, that I was in agreement with. [/FONT]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">