• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA - Expired PFA question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ranger187

July 2009 Disorderly conduct charge was made (alleged).
September 2009 PFA extension hearing took place and it was extended to September 2010. The PFA expired.
May 1st 2012 The disorderly conduct hearing took place, I plead not guilty, and was found guilty.

I had a alleged charge on July 2009 for disorderly contact to my ex's Husband. I made a call to him and a movie clip was played. He was not listed on the pfa.

On the PFA it said I couldn't contact her, harass or threaten her or through third persons.

Sep 2009 the PFA continuance hearing took place and this was brought up, but I never plead to the charge or was tried under it. The PFA was extended to Sep 2010.

Finally today I plead not guilty and had a hearing at the District Justice where they said I was guilty for making the call. The disorderly contact one. They said the call was threatening.

Since the PFA ended in Sep 2010 and I was now charged from the alleged charge in July 2009, can she now turn around and say I violated the PFA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">