• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents threatening a relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'mTheFather

My mom is not one to call for that, shes very anti-confrontation.
If so many of your friends and family have been threatened with physical violence, but haven't bothered to report those threats to the police, then surely you can understand how that will affect their credibility in court.

If so many of your friends and family have been threatened with physical violence, but haven't bothered to report those threats to the police, then surely you can understand how that will affect their credibility in court.

I dont know why the other people havent, i simply know why my mom hasn't. And how would it affect credibility? O.O

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I dont know why the other people havent, i simply know why my mom hasn't. And how would it affect credibility? O.O
Ask your parent(s) for help if you are served. In the mean-time, start respecting the wishes of the girl's parents.

I'mTheFather

Ask your parent(s) for help if you are served. In the mean-time, start respecting the wishes of the girl's parents.
This is all you can really do.

You cannot go into court and argue against a restraining order by saying the girl's parents started it/did it first/harassed you too. Just doesn't work that way.

This is all you can really do.

You cannot go into court and argue against a restraining order by saying the girl's parents started it/did it first/harassed you too. Just doesn't work that way.
And thats the help i was asking for. Simply saying leave her alone with no reason is no help. That was actually helpful. And you might think im a fool , you probably do, but I am simply trying my best to look for answers on what to do.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And thats the help i was asking for. Simply saying leave her alone with no reason is no help. That was actually helpful. And you might think im a fool , you probably do, but I am simply trying my best to look for answers on what to do.
Leave her alone so you don't violate a restraining order/provoke her parents into filing for that order.

It's really not that difficult. :cool:

Silverplum

Your parents utterly failed to teach you to obey. That's an enormous pity, and will haunt you for the rest of your pointlessly rebellious life.

Your parents utterly failed to teach you to obey. That's an enormous pity, and will haunt you for the rest of your pointlessly rebellious life.
Obey? yes. Comply? no. To simply obey without questioning the order refers back to slaves. I don't rebel or scream and yell when told to do something. I do it and do it quikly to the best of my ability's. By simply wanting to be with my girlfriend I am disobeying? Where is the logic? she is her own person with her own mind she shouldnt be owned like an animal in a zoo and kept under lock and key.

Silverplum

Obey? yes. Comply? no. To simply obey without questioning the order refers back to slaves. I don't rebel or scream and yell when told to do something. I do it and do it quikly to the best of my ability's. By simply wanting to be with my girlfriend I am disobeying? Where is the logic? she is her own person with her own mind she shouldnt be owned like an animal in a zoo and kept under lock and key.
I stand by my sage assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">