• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents threatening a relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Obey? yes. Comply? no. To simply obey without questioning the order refers back to slaves. I don't rebel or scream and yell when told to do something. I do it and do it quikly to the best of my ability's. By simply wanting to be with my girlfriend I am disobeying? Where is the logic? she is her own person with her own mind she shouldnt be owned like an animal in a zoo and kept under lock and key.
Good Lawd :rolleyes:

I seem to remember somebody else saying that earlier this afternoon :cool:
Yeah maybe you?? And again is that the only thing you guys come up with is to leave her alone? She doesnt want that. I dont want that. Only her controlling parents want that. Shes almost of legal age should i just break up with her simply to make my life easier? i am trying to overcome this like a man and be able to keep someone i love with me and you all simply say give up. Where is your pride? If someone was taking away someone you love you wouldnt try to stop them? You'd just let them go without a fight? Have shame

Zigner

Yeah maybe you?? And again is that the only thing you guys come up with is to leave her alone? She doesnt want that. I dont want that. Only her controlling parents want that. Shes almost of legal age should i just break up with her simply to make my life easier? i am trying to overcome this like a man and be able to keep someone i love with me and you all simply say give up. Where is your pride? If someone was taking away someone you love you wouldnt try to stop them? You'd just let them go without a fight? Have shame
You have said that she's "...almost of legal age" more than once on this thread. But, you've also said that she's not even 17 yet. You DO realize that the age of majority in Oregon is 18, right? I wouldn't consider >1 year away to be "...almost of legal age."

You are NOT being told to "give up" - you are being told that you should respect the wishes of the child's parents. When she is 18 (and you are 18), then have at it.

I'mTheFather

Oh boy...

If her parents want you to stay away, then legally you must stay away. (This is why they will probably succeed in getting that RO.)
When she's 18, then you can begin to see/contact her again.
As far as your witnesses, they probably won't be heard if they're only going to testify about the parents' actions against them or you.

You have said that she's "...almost of legal age" more than once on this thread. But, you've also said that she's not even 17 yet. You DO realize that the age of majority in Oregon is 18, right? I wouldn't consider >1 year away to be "...almost of legal age."

You are NOT being told to "give up" - you are being told that you should respect the wishes of the child's parents. When she is 18 (and you are 18), then have at it.
One year is pretty darn close. And so what should i do? simply say sorry i cant deal with all this come see me when your 18?

Silverplum

LOL.
:p:p:p <<<---my lol-ing

Oh boy...

If her parents want you to stay away, then legally you must stay away. (This is why they will probably succeed in getting that RO.)
When she's 18, then you can begin to see/contact her again.
As far as your witnesses, they probably won't be heard if they're only going to testify about the parents' actions against them or you.
Its not a RO it's a stalking order. Permanent. Extremely hard to get rid of nd it goes onto your record.

Ladyback1

Obey? yes. Comply? no. To simply obey without questioning the order refers back to slaves. I don't rebel or scream and yell when told to do something. I do it and do it quikly to the best of my ability's. By simply wanting to be with my girlfriend I am disobeying? Where is the logic? she is her own person with her own mind she shouldnt be owned like an animal in a zoo and kept under lock and key.
Ok, reality check for you:

1) you are both minors. Until you are 18, you are under the control of your parents
2) She ran away home. Until she is 18, her parents have the duty, obligation, the responsibility to take care of their child. If that means she's grounded and can't go anywhere but home and school and/or work? Suck it up buttercup, it doesn't matter what you want, or what she wants
3) If you believe your girlfriend is being abused and/or neglected then you need to speak to an adult about your concerns.
4) If they have told you to leave her alone, then you should probably leave her alone, because...see #1!
5) If you do not leave her alone, you will be subject of a restraining order/no contact order. If you persist after that, then you could easily wind up in heap big trouble w/ legal consequences.
6) If all of your "witnesses" are similar/same age as you, they are going to have to present really well to the court to be viewed as reliable witnesses. Had they been frightened or upset by the "threats" from her parents? Your witnesses would have spoken up a lot sooner than NOW.

You should shut up, sit down and stop behaving like a know-it-all brat. (and so should she).
If the relationship is truly meant to be, it will be! (once she turns 18 and is no longer under the care of her parents).

Zigner

Its not a RO it's a stalking order. Permanent. Extremely hard to get rid of nd it goes onto your record.
You NEED an attorney if you are served with this. You cannot win this on your own. Heck, you can't even understand why your argument here is so fatally flawed, how could you expect to win in court? (rhetorical question)

Ok, reality check for you:

1) you are both minors. Until you are 18, you are under the control of your parents
2) She ran away home. Until she is 18, her parents have the duty, obligation, the responsibility to take care of their child. If that means she's grounded and can't go anywhere but home and school and/or work? Suck it up buttercup, it doesn't matter what you want, or what she wants
3) If you believe your girlfriend is being abused and/or neglected then you need to speak to an adult about your concerns.
4) If they have told you to leave her alone, then you should probably leave her alone, because...see #1!
5) If you do not leave her alone, you will be subject of a restraining order/no contact order. If you persist after that, then you could easily wind up in heap big trouble w/ legal consequences.
6) If all of your "witnesses" are similar/same age as you, they are going to have to present really well to the court to be viewed as reliable witnesses. Had they been frightened or upset by the "threats" from her parents? Your witnesses would have spoken up a lot sooner than NOW.

You should shut up, sit down and stop behaving like a know-it-all brat. (and so should she).
If the relationship is truly meant to be, it will be! (once she turns 18 and is no longer under the care of her parents).
If i thought i knew it all i wouldnt have asked this site for help ?? And she was on lockdown before that even happened. But other than that i agree with your logic . And some are the same age but there are adults in it as well. And none of the teens new how to start the court process of the lawsuit. And so simply because they dont like me they should be allowed to ban me from seeing her? the no contact orders are permanent unless you get an appeal from the court which i heard is veryhard to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">