• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents threatening a relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Oregon and am currently in a consistent relationship for over a year now. I am a minor and so is she though a Tad bit older. Her parents USED to like me, however now they hate me with a passion. They are attempting to get a stalking order on me against her though it is obvious im not a threat to her. In the heat of the moment i did send 1 text to her and amidst the i love yous and all that i said id really like to burn down her parents house. Her parents have stalked my friends, gone to their houses and threatened them multiple times, surrounded my house and threatened my mom, ect. They sent multitudes of threatening texts to me however sprint doesnt allow for you to look over those texts after they are gone. I need advice on what to do, how to fight against the stalking order, what should i do to help my case, whether or not my gf needs to sign on the stalking order for it to follow through, can i bring the people she harrased in for witnessing that im not a threat to her. Anything helps im really in a bind here.

Silverplum

I live in Oregon and am currently in a consistent relationship for over a year now. I am a minor and so is she though a Tad bit older. Her parents USED to like me, however now they hate me with a passion. They are attempting to get a stalking order on me against her though it is obvious im not a threat to her. In the heat of the moment i did send 1 text to her and amidst the i love yous and all that i said id really like to burn down her parents house. Her parents have stalked my friends, gone to their houses and threatened them multiple times, surrounded my house and threatened my mom, ect. They sent multitudes of threatening texts to me however sprint doesnt allow for you to look over those texts after they are gone. I need advice on what to do, how to fight against the stalking order, what should i do to help my case, whether or not my gf needs to sign on the stalking order for it to follow through, can i bring the people she harrased in for witnessing that im not a threat to her. Anything helps im really in a bind here.
Girl's parents can move her to the moon to end the relationship, if they choose. She's under their control till 18.

Find something else to do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I can't imagine why they'd be concerned.

I can't imagine why they'd be concerned.
Again that was a heat of the moment text. They sent hundreds of texts saying they were sending bikers after me, going to kill my mom, were going to throw me in jail, ect. Im asking for help not criticism on a simple stupid text again im a teenager not a psychopath.

Zigner

Again that was a heat of the moment text. They sent hundreds of texts saying they were sending bikers after me, going to kill my mom, were going to throw me in jail, ect. Im asking for help not criticism on a simple stupid text again im a teenager not a psychopath.
Leave - the - girl - alone.

(simple enough?)

Silverplum

But you can't prove a single one, can you?

You need to back off. Go swimming. Go for a long walk.

Leave the girl alone. Get help. Grow up. (In that order)

Leave the girl alone when we both love each other and Not some stupid puppy love we have been through alot together and her parents constantly get involved over stupid things. They are extreme rednecks and over controlling. Shes almost 17 and only goes from home to school and back. Nothing else. No outside extra-curricular activities, nothing. They make her make them alcholic drinks, trim their weed plants, all sorts of ****. And get help for what exactly? and grow up? sorry if i dont have a magic aging pill

Zigner

Leave the girl alone when we both love each other and Not some stupid puppy love we have been through alot together and her parents constantly get involved over stupid things. They are extreme rednecks and over controlling. Shes almost 17 and only goes from home to school and back. Nothing else. No outside extra-curricular activities, nothing. They make her make them alcholic drinks, trim their weed plants, all sorts of ****. And get help for what exactly? and grow up? sorry if i dont have a magic aging pill
Again, leave the girl alone. It really is that simple.

But you can't prove a single one, can you?

You need to back off. Go swimming. Go for a long walk.
I can actually thats why in my main post i asked if i could bring in witnesses to those texts. Gosh all you guys are so crytical over the smallest things. Im asking simply if theres anything i can do to stop them from ending this relationship with a stalking order when i did nothing phsyically harming to them and nothing verbally or physically harming to my gf. No were not breaking up. No were not loeaving each other alone. SO get off that train of thought and try to be helpful?

Silverplum

It doesn't matter.

Silverplum

I can actually thats why in my main post i asked if i could bring in witnesses to those texts. Gosh all you guys are so crytical over the smallest things. Im asking simply if theres anything i can do to stop them from ending this relationship with a stalking order when i did nothing phsyically harming to them and nothing verbally or physically harming to my gf. No were not breaking up. No were not loeaving each other alone. SO get off that train of thought and try to be helpful?
We're a legal site, child. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Witnesses to texts are not evidence for court.

Zigner

Stomping your feet and DEMANDING that we respond in the way you want us to is very childish. You are, however, a child, so that is not entirely unexpected.

The other child's parents are like GOD for her. If they say no-go, then it's no-go. I would hope that, by the time you are a teenager, you have enough respect for the girl and her parents to abide by their wishes. If not, then shame on your parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">